Saturday, September 29, 2012

the Runny Nose

Good morning!
A cool and rainy day today.  Perfect to get some stuff done inside.... like crafting!  :)

I have a sketch that was submitted in the beginning of September at Soul Scrappers 
http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/, for their Negative Space Sketch Challenge (NSC14).

Here's the sketch:



And here's my take on a the sketch:

This was such a fun layout with such a funny photo of our son, trying to stop his runny nose!
This boy sure knows how to make me laugh!  And he even let me take this photo!
This is a trend that we've all used at our house, when that rotten nose won't stop running and 
can't be turned off!!  It provides us with some relief.  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Sheer Polka Dot Ribbon
Yellow Ribbons
Tissue
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Sharpie Marker (for journaling)



I decided that the title needed to be "different" so I slanted the "Runny" to get a better
feel for "runny noses!"  Thought it was cute!



Yes, this is an actual tissue!  I scrunched up the ends, to look like the tissue was actually used.
I scrunched it up and tore some off the bottom because it was a bit large for my layout.

I have to tell you a little story.  When my grandson was looking through my album about a month ago, he came across this layout (and I was watching his face for the reaction).  It took him a few seconds, then he said, "Oh!  This is the tissue!"  I had to laugh and tell him it wasn't really Andrew's actual tissue!  So cute!  He didn't even want to touch it!  :)


Journaling reads:
We all know that having a cold is no fun and when your nose runs it just makes you feel miserable!  When Andrew got to that critical point with his cold and he was exhausted from blowing his nose, he just stuffed the ends of a tissue in each nostril and for awhile he had some relief!  Oct 5, 2008 



This shows a portion of my journaling and the ripped tissue, as well as the ribbons I used.

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment