Saturday, September 29, 2012

Oct 31st - Many Shades of Me

Hi there,
Really cool out there today!  Brrrr!  I am so NOT ready for winter!
But I go through this every year.... I dread it, and after the first FEW snowfalls hit, I'm 
settled in for the cold weather season.

I have a double layout for a challenge at Colorful Creations http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/.
It's a Use Your Stash Challenge (tag: useyourstashsept) and here's the challenge:

1.  Use solid paper
2.  Use patterned paper
3.  Use at least 3 buttons
4.  Tags
5.  Your title must have a mix of numbers and letters
6.  A punched border
7.  Wet medium (mist, Gesso, ink)

That's it!  

Here's what I came up with.  The layout is my own creation.
A lot of elements going on means a lot of photos... so sit back, relax and enjoy the photos!  :)

Halloween was always such a fun time at our house!  Then it carried on to the workplace.
Each year a few of us girls would come up with an idea, then we would get to work making them and dressing up for work!  There wasn't much work completed on this day, but there sure were
LOTS of laughs and our costumes always brought a smile to everyone's face!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok, Other
Buttons
Tags
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract
Cricut
Trims: Making Memories
Smooch Spritz
EK Success Border Punch
Inks: A la mode Black and ColorBox Tangerine
Ribbons
Brads: Stampin' Up!
Flowers: Hand Made
Sharpie Marker 
Big Shot
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders


Here's a closer look at each page.

In these photos, I've been a clown (a couple of times), Raggedy Andy, Jailbird,
Tin Man, and when our son dressed up as the Tin Man too, there were 2 Tin Men,
and one of the Three Musketeers.




My cute little bows!  :) 


Each of the tags were embossed with various embossing folders then spritzed with
smooch mist, the edges inked and a brad finished off the tag.  The date on each tag represents the
year I dressed in each costume. 


The layout title. 


My journaling block.  I punched the bottom portion of the block, then layered another paper under
for this cool effect. 


With the left over decorative trim, I wrapped it into a circle, onto a small circle cardstock and wound it around until I had the size I wanted, then added buttons for the center. 


I kept the negative punches and used them randomly on my layout. 


I had to dig out some orange and black buttons.  Not something I do very often!
They are cute on this layout though!  :) 


Not only are you seeing our "posed feet" but you're also getting a closer look at
the border punch and more buttons! 


On the upper right I added a green bow. 


I was just playing around with this trim and finally settled on this cute flower!   After all the petals 
were made a larger button served as the center. 


My sub-title and what I did with the remaining trim. 


A better look at the tags and negative punches.  Four of the tags were inked with black ink
and the other four with orange ink. 


Love these cute little punches!  They fit in so well with my layout!

Thanks for taking a peek at my Blog.  Hope you enjoyed your visit and will stop in again!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment