Sunday, September 30, 2012

fun at HOBBY LOBBY

Hi there,
A very rainy day today.  And a stay-inside kind of day.

So here's a fun layout to brighten your day!  I submitted a challenge at Colorful Creations http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/... just today actually.  Sept 30 was the deadline!  Nothing like
waiting till the last minute, right?  :)

The challenge was a color palette (shown below) to create a layout from, matching your colors as closely as possible to the palette... PLUS adding the following items on your layout: 
1.  Stitching
2.  Die Cuts
3.  Stamping

Here's the color palette:




2-2-11


Here's my take on the sketch:

These photos were taken when we visited Nebraska a couple of years ago.
Oh my!  Did we have fun at Hobby Lobby on this day!  We walked through every inch of the store
looking at everything and then we started to get tired..... and silly!  It's a good thing I
had my camera with me!  We laughed so hard we were close to peeing our pants!!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Stamp: Stampin' Up! Fresh Cuts
Ink: Vivid! Brown
Stitching Stencil: Bazzill Basics
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Fiskars Border Punch
Paper Lace Doilies
Fine Glitter
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract
Cricut
Sanding Block
Paper Ribbon
Sheer Ribbon
Mesh Layered Flower w/Pearl: Webster's Pages
Ribbon
Folk Art Paint
Die Cuts: Stems & Leaves (unknown brand)
Embroidery Floss: Making Memories 
Paper Piercer


 Here's a closer look at each page.




A stitching stencil was used for the pattern.  I used a paper piercer to poke all the holes before
stitching.  


Fun title letters. 


Several corners were stamped with brown ink.  I also used a couple of different
paper punches. 


Isn't this the sweetest flower?  I received it in a prize package that I won!  I love it!
I finally located these die cuts to add to the flower.  The edges were sanded and the leaves were
folded and sanded also.


After mixing several paints together... to try and achieve the right color from the palette,
I added glitter to the wet paint.
The tabs are made with paper ribbon, folded in half with a ribbon knotted on the ends. 


More border punching and tab knotted with a ribbon. 


Trying to get another photo so you can see the glitter.  It really is beautiful glitter... but
very messy... because it's so fine. 


I hand-stitched two rows on each lower inner corner of my pages. 


 A better photo of all the layering on my layout, as well as the border punches.

Have a wonderful day!
Thanks for checking out my Blog!
Libby  :)

2 comments:

  1. Howdy from another Maine crafter! I did not know there was a hobby lobby in Maine, where?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Glad to see another crafter from Maine! :)
    There isn't a Hobby Lobby in Maine, but there really should be! This during our family vacation in Nebraska. I'll add that to my write up so there's no confusion.

    ReplyDelete