Monday, October 1, 2012

This must be LOVE...

Hello there,
Another rainy day today.

I have some wonderful news to share with you!

I have been chosen as a Design Team Member at Colorful Creations http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/!
So excited to be a part of this wonderful team!

I will be hosting the Monthly Song Challenge and have uploaded my FIRST challenge on their site today!
The song I've chosen is from the Rock band "Whitesnake."  I hope there's someone out there who
remembers this band!  Love their amazing voices!
I listened to their album so much I really thought I would "wear it out!"

Here's the Song Title and Lyrics:

"Is This Love"
Whitesnake

I should have known better than to let you go alone
It’s times like these I can’t make it on my own
Wasted days and sleepless nights
And I can’t wait to see you again

I find I spend my time waiting on your call
How can I tell you babe?  Back’s against the wall
I need you by my side to tell me, “It’s alright”
‘Cause I don’t think I can take anymore

Is this love that I’m feeling?
Is this the love that I’ve been searching for?
Is this love or am I dreaming?
This must be love ‘cause it’s really got a hold on me
A hold on me

I can’t stop the feeling, I’ve been this way before
But with you I’ve found the key to open the door
I can feel my love for you growing stronger day by day
I can feel my love for you growing stronger day by day
And I can’t wait to see you again
So I can hold you in my arms 

Is this love that I’m feeling?
Is this the love that I’ve been searching for?
Is this love or am I dreaming?
This must be love ‘cause it’s really got a hold on me
A hold on me

Is this love that I’m feeling?
Is this the love that I’ve been searching for?
Is this love or am I dreaming?
Is this the love that I’ve been searching for?

Is this love or am I dreaming?
Is this the love that I’ve been searching for?
Is this love or am I dreaming?
Is this the love that I’ve been searching for?



Here's a photo of the band members and a little history about them:




Whitesnake are a British rock band, founded in 1978 by David Coverdale after his departure from his previous band, Deep Purple. Their early material has been compared by critics to Deep Purple, but by the mid 1980s they had moved to a more commercial hard rock style. Four of the band's earliest albums reached the top 10 in the UK, with Ready an' Willing (1980), Come an' Get It (1981), Saints & Sinners (1982) and Slide It In (1984). The band's 1987 self-titled album was their most commercially successful worldwide, and contained two of their most recognisable songs, "Here I Go Again" and "Is This Love". In 1988, Whitesnake was nominated for the Brit Award for Best British Group.[1] In 2005, Whitesnake was named the 85th greatest hard rock band of all time by VH1.[2]
Whitesnake released Forevermore, on March 25, 2011 in Europe, and on the 29th in North America.[25] They have released a number of scheduled 2011 tour dates on their website, with six scheduled UK tour dates and other European dates. In February 2011, Whitesnake was announced as one of the headliners to play the annual Rocklahoma festival in Pryor, Oklahoma, on Memorial Day weekend. A digital single for the song 'Love Will Set You Free' was released, along with a video for the song, on February 21.[25]
A live album, Live at Donington 1990, was released on May 20, 2011 in Japan, and will be released on June 3 in Europe and June 7 in the US.[27]
A live album and DVD from the Forevermore tour is currently in the works, as well as expanded editions of 'Into the Light' and 'Restless Heart.'[28]


Here are a few requirements for my challenge:
1.  Create a one or two page layout.
2.  Use a Colorful Creations sketch from the Gallery
3.  You must use a sentence, a word, several words, the title or the whole song on your layout.
4.  In addition, you must add ribbon, patterned paper and flowers on your layout.


And a few other rules:
1.  Your layout must be newly created as of October 1, 2012.
2.  Tag your layout: octsong1 (lower case, no spaces).
3.  Cannot be used with any other Colorful Creations challenges.

You have until October 31st to submit your entry.

If anyone is interested in participating in this challenge, hop on over to the Colorful Creations site and check it out.  Then sit back and enjoy all the fun!  :)

I chose a sketch from Brenshevia from the Colorful Creations gallery http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/forum/topics/jan-feb-2011-sketches



This is my example layout:

This photo was taken in 2008 and is one of my favorites!  This is my husband,
daughter and son.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Font & Bracket: Cricut Opposites Attract
Cricut
Gold Fabric
Embroidery Flower
Wall Paper Flower
Corrugated Flower
Sizzix Flower Die
Big Shot
Flowers/Leaves
Small Flowers w/Gems: Forever in Time
All Other Gems: Forever in Time
Paper Lace Doily
Sheer Ribbon 



The "bracket" - hee hee  :) 


Flower grouping and all the other embellies I've used.


 The cute little wall paper flower off to the right was cut with the Sizzix die.


I found another Cricut Font to love!  Yay! 


The words from the lyrics I've chosen to use on my layout. 


I used sheer ribbon under the title block to add some interest to the layout.  It just looked
so much better with the ribbon.  And a small flower was added in the lower corner. 


You can see the gold crinkled fabric and the cute embroidery flower.  I also used
random flowers cut with my Sizzix.  You can see a partial of the corrugated flower.
Flowers and leaves were added from my stash.


Another angle of my flower grouping.  You can see the lace doily and the layering of
flowers with gems.  


 Here's a closer look at the embroidered flower and how I "folded" the gold ribbon.


Another view of the flowers.

Hope you have a wonderful day!
Thanks for stopping by!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment