Monday, September 17, 2012

Colorful Creations Challenge #8

Hi there,
Have a layout that was submitted to the Colorful Creations http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/ Twisted
Blueprints Challenge #8 (twistedaug).

This was my first submission to CC.  They have so many great challenges!  I challenge you to 
check out their site and give it a try!  :)

Here's my layout:
This is a wonderful photo of our daughter and our very friendly cat, Tom.
Such a precious memory!

I started off by cutting a circle out of lace fabric and cutting it in half.  Strips of paper were
added above and below the photo with ribbon pleated at the bottom and flowers finishing off the layout. 
I used mini stamps to stamp "Lynn & Tom" at the bottom right of the photo.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Other
Lace Fabric
White Ribbon
Flowers
Felt Flowers: Sizzix Flower Die
Big Shot
Gem Brad
"Skinny" Leaves
Stick Pin
Stamps: Studio g Alphabets
Ink: Colorbox Blue Lagoon


You can get a better look at the elegant lace.  So pretty! 
I layered a couple of lei flowers purchased super cheap at a craft store.  On top of that
I layered two felt flowers and held it all together with a gem brad.  Under the flower I added
two thin leaves that were purchased with a flower bunch. 


This flower has several layers also, with a straight pin going through the flowers.

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

1 comment:

  1. Your daughter is so beautiful, and so is Tom! I love orange kitties. We had a beloved one that passed away two years ago. I have a soft spot for orange ones!

    ReplyDelete