Sunday, September 16, 2012

Soul Scrappers Quote Challenge - Never Lose Your Sense of Wonder

Hello,

I'm hosting my 2nd Quote Challenge at Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/.
This is what I've been working on.  I can generally write up something pretty quickly, once I get my thoughts together, but each time I go back to review it, I keep changing it!  
So, eventually, it's all jumbled up again.  Why didn't I just leave it alone the first time?
I end up going back and rearranging everything.  Phew!  I finally got it uploaded.

Well, everyone, Fall is indeed here in our neck of the woods!  Holy Brrrrrrr!  
After Church, I changed into my shorts and a t-shirt and walked outside and got slammed with the cold breeze!  Wow, that was a shocker!  I figured after working a bit in my garden that I would warm up..... not so!  I had to eventually break down and put a jacket on.

Well, there may be a frost tonight.  It's that time of year.  So, I pulled all my tomatoes off the plants and cut
my pumpkins off the vines and a few squash.  The other squash are staying on the vines to hopefully ripen a bit more.  My garden skimmed the last two frost warnings and eventually, it will get
hit hard!  Just when I thought I was done for today, our neighbor just told me that my cabbage might
freeze too, so I have to go out there again and take care of that.  

Anyhow, here's my Quote along with portions of my write up:

"Never lose your sense of wonder"

(Author unknown)
And now a little bit of information about the word WONDER.  Your sense of wonder makes you aware of what is possible.  Isn't that cool?  We all wonder about various things, events, etc.  It's an amazing ability for us to visualize what might be, what could be and what "something" actually is.  Our sense of wonder can be so full of fun!
I chose this photo of my niece, which was taken a couple of years ago during our vacation to visit my sister.  It shows her deep in thought and I often wonder what she was really thinking as I took this picture.  This photo also got me thinking about the wonders in my life and my family's and how fortunate we are to have each other!

Here's my layout: 
 I chose a sketch from here: http://rochellespears.blogspot.com/
(Jan 2012 Sketches)
I rotated the sketch clockwise.

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV
Cardboard
Folk Art Paints
Shimmer Mist: Tattered Angels
Tulip Extreme Paint
Smooch Spritz
String Pearls
Self-adhesive Pearls
Gems: Forever in Time
Flowers/Leaves
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Ribbons

I've added several photos of my layout from different angles to give you the full effect!  :)

 The drizzled paint, lace circle with ribbon and the cardstock I used under my photo.


Here's the Quote, used on my layout.


One of my flower groupings.  The main flower has the leaves and pearls under it and a
bow for the center.  The other flowers have gems and pearls for the centers.


The other flower grouping.  I used a larger main flower, layering a couple of them.




This give you a glimpse at the cardboard, pearls, flowers, etc.



Since my niece has quite the pink hair in this photo (thank goodness it isn't real), I decided to go with a pink theme.  I started off with cardboard which was painted, spritzed, dabbed, drizzled--a little bit of everything!  Paint was also drizzled on the pink cardstock.  I hand pleated the lace to create a circle (I used a cardstock circle template) and added ribbon, which was twisted and adhered leaving the loops loose.  Flowers and leaves were added.  I used pearls and gems for the flower centers.  String pearls were looped randomly under the flowers and the quote finished off my layout.

Here are the general rules:
1.  Create a one- or two-page layout.
2.  Use any sketch you would like or create your own.
3.  You must use this Quote somewhere on your layout.
4.  For added fun, I'd like you to use ribbon and/or lace on your layout.
5.  Upload your layout to the gallery by October 8, 2012.
6.  Tag your entry:  QC15.
So, this is my Challenge. 
If this sounds like a fun challenge, it is!  Hop on over to the Soul Scrappers site and join in
on the fun!  I'd love to see what you create!

Oh, and have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment