Saturday, September 15, 2012

Bountiful Garden

Hi there,
A late post for today.  I've been working on some layouts for Big Picture Classes, Big Idea Festival.  Hop on over and check them out.  As well as classes you pay for, they also have FREE classes!
I've been having so much fun with the Big Idea Festival.  Every day for 14 days, someone posts
a "big idea" and challenges you to something fun.  I've submitted, I think, 4 layouts.  There's only
two more days of the Festival and I'm working on a couple more layouts!
You can view their site here http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/.

Anyhow, I submitted a layout for the challenge at Colorful Creations, another site I'm a member of.  :)
They have so many wonderful challenges here http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/.
The Technique of the Month is to use Dry Embossing and the deadline was August 31, 2012.

The sketch I chose is from Let's Scrap (6-2-10) http://letsscrap.ning.com/.

6-2-10


And here's my layout:

There really isn't anything like fresh fruits and veggies that you've worked so hard to
grow!  It's not only convenient to step outside your door and pick something from the
garden, but it's so yummy too!

Each year I grow something different, not only to see if it will actually grow, but to try
different things... that I know I will eat. 

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Ribbons
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Big Shot
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders
Die Cuts (unknown brand)
Inks: A la mode Green, A la mode Blue
Circle Brads
Pop Dots


A close up of the left layout. 


I embossed the die cuts.  Love how it made this simple die cut "pop!"
Ribbon was added along the side of the title block and a bow added above the die cut. 


Here's a different view of this portion of my layout, which shows the embossing better.
I used pop dots under the die cuts. 


I embossed my title block, then ran an ink pad lightly over it to ink the raised dots.
I also embossed the capital letters and inked the edges of the block.


You can see the embossed dots that I inked, as well as the ribbon and large, yellow
circle brad.  Look closely, I also embossed one zig zag line along the edge of the photo and lightly dabbed
it with ink and rubbed some of it off.


 Yummy tomatoes!!
More embossing and the raised parts were inked to highlight them more.


A close up of the right layout. 


For the embossing along the bottom, I sanded the raised portions.  Ribbon was 
added above this.  And, here's a better look at the embossing on the right side of
my photo. 


Embossing along the upper corner of my photo.  I also inked it just a bit and rubbed
some of it off, so only portions would be inked. 


The other die cut that was also embossed and adhered to my layout with pop dots.


The big circle brad.  These are so cool!  I got these at a scrapbooking "garage" sale a few
weeks ago!  There were so many cool embellies, stamps and papers at this sale.  My hubby didn't think I could possibly spend three hours there!  I came close.... 2 1/2 hours!  :)

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment