Thursday, September 13, 2012

I Love You

Hello there,

Today I have a layout showcasing my grandson!  He's such a character and so full
of energy!

Soul Scrappers  http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/ had a sketch challenge (SC55).

Here's the sketch:



And here's what I created:

These photos crack me up!  He's always making faces when I want to take a picture, and he thinks this is so funny!  That's why I have to try to catch him unaware.
On this particular day I decided to let him make his "faces" and when he was done being silly,
I was able to get a decent photo!  :)

For the border, I dipped a cotton ball in paint and ran it across the edges.  This put a very
cool effect on my layout!  
The circle was creating by tracing a plate and hand cutting it.  I added ribbon and ric rac to
the top of the layout.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Sanding Block
Black Ric Rac
Ribbon
Folk Art Paint (applied with cotton ball)
Font: Cricut Beyond Birthdays
Cricut
Sharpie Marker 



For the title, I cut once in black and once in white.  After placing it where I wanted
on the layout, I placed each cut out on top of one another, then cut to match with
the circle.  I pulled the two colors apart and placed the opposite colors together.
This was super fun to do!  :)


This photo shows the ribbon, ric rac and the border I created with paint and a cotton ball.

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

1 comment: