Wednesday, September 12, 2012

MY LAYOUT WAS FEATURED!!

Hi there,

Wonderful news!
My layout was featured on Let's Scrap http://letsscrap.ning.com/!
I was so excited to have my layout noticed!

Let's Scrap had a sketch challenge (9-5-12) last week in which I participated in.

Here's the sketch that I had to work with:

9-5-12 


And here's my take on the sketch:

I had so much fun working on this layout, even though it took me a good part of the day to get
it just the way I wanted it!

These photos are of our grandson when he was 20 and 24 months old and so full of energy!
It was so fun to take pictures of him in his many activities.

Journaling reads:
Such a fun age!  Between the ages of 1 & 2 years old he was constantly busy.  Andrew and Dylan were more like brothers than Andrew's nephew.  They were always making something, running around, laughing, building and playing in the dirt!  Dylan had a great time at Great Pup's (Gary).  He followed Grampie Scott everywhere, absorbing everything he was doing and always had his little hand on "something" such as Scott's leg or on the hoses of the farm equipment being worked on.  
So cute!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
EK Success Circle Punch
Circles: Traced & Hand Cut
Stampin' Up! Border Punch
Folder Tabs: Paper Pizazz
Ribbons
Sanding Block
Twill
Sharpie Marker (for journaling)
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut


Here's a closer up view of the left layout. 


I cut two different ribbons for the upper portion of the circle and 
the title letters were adhered, following the outline of the circle.


This shows the border punch that was used. 


I decided to use a strip of ribbon along the left side of the photo, placed so the edge of the stitching showed.


I used punched circles to place under the bottom portion of the circle. 


The right side of my layout. 


This shows my journaling block and how I adhered the circles.  I originally had only
one row of circles, but later decided two rows looked much better. 


This photo shows how I placed another circle of patterned paper just under the photo.
The tab was sanded. 


The other portion of the upper circle with ribbons.

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment