Sunday, September 9, 2012

Embracing This NEW Stage in My Life

Good morning!
It's a quiet, peaceful day today.  Love it!
But, it was a different story yesterday...
Remnants of the hurricane passed through our area yesterday and through the night.  We had
wild winds and heavy rains. 
I had to go out with our dog late last night and even though I had a rain jacket on, my 
jeans got soaked from where my jacket left off, all the way down!  Of course I had
flip flops on too...... yup, soaked!
Our poor dog was quite soaked too.  She had a hard time to do "her business" because the
wind and rain was pelting down on her so heavily.  Needless to say, I just had to wipe her the
excess water from her before she would lie on her bed.

Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/ is having a Word Challenge this month 
and the word is "Embrace or Embracing."  All you have to do is either word on your layout.
The deadline for submissions is Sept. 20, 2012.
Hop on over to their challenge site http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/forum/topics/wc14-word-challenge and
check out all the cool challenges they have.  It's a great way to get those photos scrapped!  :)

For this challenge I chose a sketch from http://www.scrap-a-little.com/, a sketch by Helen Croft.

Here's my layout for today.

This was definitely a wonderful stage in my life!  Surgery was not what I was excited for,
but for the unbelievable fact of no more pain.  It was something I had a hard time to digest, but I
was looking forward to this.

Journaling reads:
In 2007, the decision was made to finally end the years of suffering and pain so excruciating that I would vomit, my whole body shaking.  This was an adventure I was more than happy for and very eager to embrace.  The diagnosis: Adenomyosis.  The solution: Surgery to remove my uterus.  I've been one 
"happy camper" ever since this wonderful day!  Aug 2007

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White Cardstock
Flowers
Ribbon
EK Success Border Punch
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Self-adhesive Pearls
Sharpie Marker (for journaling)


I folded a larger white flower in half and adhered it just under the tip of the photo and
added a bow on top of that. 


I punched the border on white cardstock.  The flowers were a recent purchase at a craft fair.
I pulled colors from the striped strip of paper to choose my flowers.


I folded the ribbon a few times, leaving a space between each folded section. 


After adhering the letters, I wasn't sure where my journaling would go.  I contemplated hiding my
journaling, but then realized it needed to be seen, to reflect this happy time in my life! 


This is my flower grouping.  The idea was to have the flowers flowing from one upper corner
of the layout to the bottom corner.  Love the self-adhesive pearls!


 Another view of the flowers and title letters. 


Wanted to show you the side view of the layout, to get a better view of the
cutest flowers!!  :)

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment