Friday, September 7, 2012

Goin' Ridin'

Hi there,
It's another beautiful day today!  The sun is shining which makes for a naturally happy day!

Colorful Creations  http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/ had a challenge in August
called, "Use Your Stash" (useyourstashaugust) in which I participated in.  
Each month includes a different challenge to use up your stash.

The challenge this month was to use:
1.  Patterned paper
2.  Lace
3.  Flowers
4.  Bling
5.  Doily
6.  Banner

I chose a sketch from the Colorful Creations gallery by Brenshevia.

Here's my layout:

On our family vacation a couple years ago, we visited my sister and her two girls for a couple
weeks!  It was SO fun to spend time with them!

These photos show how my youngest niece would play with their pet guinea pig.
I couldn't believe it when I saw her pushing him in her little car, and he stayed right there!  
And then she attached the two cars together with the remote control car pulling them along while "the pig" sat there, looking around.  Occasionally he would jump off, but my niece was quick and caught him
and put him right back on!
It was so funny!  He's quite a tolerant little "pig!"

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Other
Ribbons, Lace
Flowers
Paper Lace Doily
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Ink: A la mode Pink
Gems: Forever in Time & Glitterazzi
Satin Cording
Sharpie Marker (for journaling)
Creative Memories Border Stencil - Traced and Hand Cut


 The title doesn't really show up very well, but I didn't want to use another color of
cardstock, so this is it.


This shows a portion of the banner that I created.  This was really quite fun to make!
I used several different ribbons, satin cording and lace.


My flower trio.  I used different colors of gems for the centers. 


This photo shows a great view of my traced and hand cut border, the lace and ribbon, as
well as the flowers. 


A doily was part of the challenge and since this was such a dainty layout, it fit in well!
I lightly inked it to "tone down" the white and give it a bit of color. 


I have a few shots of the banner, so you can see how I actually made it.  





Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment