Saturday, September 22, 2012

Family

Good morning!

Mmmmmm, I can smell my beans baking in the oven! 
Bread is rising and rolls are next.
But in the meantime, I get to scrap!  Yay!  :)

I've submitted a layout to Colorful Creations http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/ for their 
Inspired Challenge.  The inspiration is the photo below.  Create a layout around whatever ideas inspire
you when you look at this photo.


I chose a sketch from: www.stickersnfun.com (Sept 2009).  I was unable to access their site,
for whatever reason.  Sorry, cannot post their link.

Here's my layout:

These photos were taken four years ago, when Scott was deployed.  Having Christmas
without him was certainly "different" but we did the best we could and carried on our tradition of
taking a family photo in front of our Christmas tree.   In the bottom photo, we decided that
Scott needed to be included in the photo, so Andrew "held him" behind us.  :)

I was inspired by the red, the chalkboard, the greenery showing through the window and
the white shades.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract
Cricut
Flowers
Gems
Red Felt-looped Flowers
Sheer Wire, Glittery Black Polka Dot Ribbon
Lace Ribbon
Sanding Block

This Cricut font is so cool.  I layered a couple flowers with a gem in the center.  The upper flower
has a felt-looped flower for the center.  The green cardstock edges were sanded.


On top of the lace is a small black flower with a gem in the center.  Love how the
lace looks on this layout! 


This shows the sheer ribbon, the lace and flower with a huge black gem in the center. 


A better photo of the sheer ribbon with glittery black polka dots.  So cool!  Love this ribbon!

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment