Saturday, September 1, 2012

"Mad Cat" Layout

Hello,
I know, it's late in the day, but I just had to post this layout that I've been working on
for a challenge.

But first, I have to say how sad I am to see Scrapbooks, Etc. magazine no longer
being published.  I absolutely loved this magazine and all the cool layouts and neat ideas!
And they are substituting the rest of my subscription with Better Homes and Gardens magazine, which is
no comparison at all!!  It doesn't even have any scrapbooking layouts or ideas or anything
to do with crafts!  Good grief, what were they thinking!?!?

Anyhow,
Colorful Creations  http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/  is having a Twisted Blueprints #10 Sketch Challenge (twistedaug) with the deadline being September 2, 2012.
If you haven't checked out this wonderful site, click on the link above and check out all their
sketches, inspiration and challenges!  You'll be amazed!  :)

So, for the challenge, create a layout using the sketch below and now for the "twist"
which is to use (1) a flag (2) mist and (3) any 3 of one thing.


And here's what I created:

Meet our cat, Geri.  The cat with a "tude" going on all the time!  She doesn't like to be
bothered unless SHE feels like it!
On this particular day, Scott was playing with her and suddenly, Geri had enough and started
to get nasty so he stuck his finger at her, telling her to stop it.  Well, she didn't like that,
and she batted his finger with her paw then growled and hissed.  She was mad.... She was 
done playing!

The border punches were used along the bottom of the pink paper, the lower right paper grouping 
and just one punch was used along the left side of the darker paper.  Thought this added an
extra touch to my layout.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Foam Checkered Flag (unknown brand)
Molding Metal Strip: Making Memories
Fiskars Border Punch
EK Success Border Punch
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Big Shot
Mist: Smooch Spritz, Silver Foil
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Clear Sticker: Sticko
Metal Corners (unknown brand
Sharpie Marker (for journaling)
Gems: Glitterazzi 


I was trying to capture the misting which I did over the embossing and randomly over my main
page but it didn't come out very well.  At least you can see the embossing and
the metal corner I used.

I misted randomly on the main paper and all the title letters.  Absolutely love this
spritz, it's so cool!  You can actually see some of the shimmer on the letters and on the
upper portion of my layout.

This photo shows the border punch I used as well as the checkered flag and 
my journaling.

This is the molding metal strip I used on the lower right of my layout.
It's self adhesive, which makes it even easier to use!

Love this clear sticker for this layout.  It fits so well with my theme.
Hey, and you can actually see Geri's very sharp bottom teeth!!  Yikes!

Close up of the embossing, metal corner and again, not easy to see the misting!
Bummer!!

Another shot at the title letters and misting.  Guess I'll just have to give up on
trying to get a photo showing the shimmer from the misting.  

Hope you all had a wonderful Saturday!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment