Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Niece, Sierra

Hi there!
I have a fun layout to share with you today.  
Colorful Creations http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/ is having a Technique of the Month
Challenge in which I submitted a layout!  The deadline is September 30, 2012.
The technique to use on your layout is heat embossing.

I used a sketch from the Colorful Creations Gallery.
Here's my layout:

This layout was so fun to complete!  Everything came together so nicely!  No scratching my
head trying to figure out what to do or where to place anything!

This is a photo of my niece doing what she does best... texting!
I snapped this photo while we were just hanging out.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok, White Cardstock
Folk Art Paints
Dots created with a strip of paper with holes in it
Paintbrush, Toothbrush, Sponge Brush
Fine Glitter
Shimmer Mist: Tattered Angels
Heart Stencil: Bazzill Basics Stitches
Embroidery Floss: Making Memories
Self-adhesive Pearls
Decoupage
Clear Embossing Powder
Heat Tool
Flowers
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract
Cricut
Paper Piercer
Paper Lace Doily

Love this embroidered heart.  I had these stencils around for years and finally looked through them 
and chose this heart, which is perfect for this layout.
I used a paper piercer to "start" the holes and began embroidering!


Here's a close up of my paint spots.  I used a piece of paper that was originally the
backing of sticky "stuff."  I kept the backing and have actually used it several times.
I love re-purposing random objects!
I simply held it in place, dipped a paint brush in paint, brushing the excess off and dabbing
it in various places.  


I used a rather large flower and placed it under my photo grouping with most of the
petals peeking out.


 Here's a close up of the the cutest flowers!  These actually came from a flower bouquet,
between the flower layers.  I found them while pulling the flowers apart and I instantly fell
in love with them.  They're so dainty and sheer.
I added self-adhesive pearls in the centers.
You also get a better look at my paint speckles.


 Since the technique was heat embossing, I decided to do this on the letters.
Searching around my paint supplies, I came up with Decoupage!  
Hmmmm, wonder if it will actually work! 
So, I painted each letter and added clear embossing powder and used my 
heat gun on each letter.  
I absolutely love how these turned out!  I had to do some thinking on how I could
get photos so you could see the embossing!  I got it after awhile!  :)


Another photo of the embossed letters. 


 This was super fun!  I started out with a plain white paper doily and painted it 
black.  While the paint was still wet, I sprinkled some very fine glitter onto it.  On top
of that I spritzed shimmer mist.  Then gave it some time to dry.


An even closer look at my lace doily. 


Another look at my painting. 


After the painting was done, I dipped a paint brush in paint and, using my thumb,
rubbed it along the bristles to create all those fine speckles on the entire layout.

Hope you had a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment