Monday, September 24, 2012

Big Idea Festival

Hello,

I've submitted a few layouts to Big Picture Classes http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/, a site that has wonderful classes you can pay for or sign up for free classes.  I like FREE!  :)
The Big Idea Festival was a 14 day challenge.  Each day someone told their "big idea" and our
challenge was to create a layout or card.

One of the challenges I've entered was Challenge #8, in which you create a layout about
something that has happened to you in the past two weeks that brings you joy.  Once the layout is
complete, upload it to the "Challenge #8" section of the gallery.

I chose a sketch from Let's Scrap (7-25-12) http://letsscrap.ning.com/.

7-25-12


And here's my take on the sketch:

I can't believe I actually tried making Chevrons!!  Wow, was that an ordeal!  I searched U-Tube
for how to's and the first one I tried was pretty wild!  But the next one was so much easier!
So, I set to work making my chevrons for this layout.  I was determined to get it done before
the deadline... and I did!
It was pretty fun, for the most part, making the chevrons, once I got the hang of it.
I do like the results.  I may even try it again.... some day!

This is definitely one of the things that makes me happy... my garden.  I work so hard to preparing the ground, getting my compost in there, and working the ground to get ready for the seeds, then watching them grow.  There's nothing quite like walking outside to my garden and picking all the fresh fruits and veggies.  
So yummy!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok, Other
Paper Lace Doily
Ink: A la mode Green
Computer Font: Pea Jennifer
Ribbons
Chevrons: Hand Made
Gems: Studio 112
Flowers
Iron On Embroidery Butterfly
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Sanding Block
Heart Gem 


This is the left side of my layout. 


 One of my flower groupings.  I purchased most of these flowers at a craft sale.  They are so cute!
Gems were added to the centers.


 Here's one of my chevron blocks.  I decided to make them different on each side.  Why bother
being predictable, right?  They're just so pretty, I figured it wouldn't matter much and 
hopefully give the layout some interest.


 This is my title block.  The letters are hard to see.  I tried going with all white, then tried all
blue, then all green, but each color didn't look great, so I used all three colors together!
The paper doily was inked to "tone down" the white.
A strip of ribbon was added with a couple of layered flowers and a gem in the center.


 This shows a closer look at the one of my flower groupings.


 And here's a closer look at my Chevrons.  


The right side of my layout. 


 This is the other flower grouping.
I didn't like the plain white strip going parallel so I added white ribbon.


 I love this beautiful embroidered butterfly!  I purchased these at a discount store and now I'm wishing 
I had purchased more of them!  I got different colored ones, but only one package of the above
butterflies.  I'll have to use them wisely!  :)


My journaling block. 


 The butterfly was adhered only in the center so the wings would remain lifted off the page.


 Here's a closer look at my beautiful butterfly!


And last but not least, here's a close up of the Chevrons on the right side of my layout.
Just love 'em!!  :)

Hope you have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment