Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fun Layouts

Hi there,
Wasted much of the day running errands.  Gotta go here, stop in there, drop off this,
pick up something there!  Ugh!
So, might as well take some time and check out the craft stores too!  Yup, that was
fun... got some really cool stuff to eventually use on my layouts!  Can't wait!!  :)

Today I'm sharing a few more layouts.

My first layout was a submission at Colorful Creations http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/
for their White PLUS 1 Challenge with the "1" being Purple (SEPTPLUSONE).

I chose a sketch from Ashley's Paper Doll blog.

Here's my cute little niece playing "dress up."  She had so much fun trying all sorts of
wigs and outfits and then hurried out to show me and wait for me to take photos!  So cute!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Purple Polka Dot Ribbon: Making Memories
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Self-adhesive Ribbons: Forever in Time
Chalk
Sanding Block
Sharpie Marker
Flowers
Leaves: Sizzix Leaf Die
Big Shot

The flower centers were cut from patterned paper and the edges sanded.

Can't get any better than self-adhesive trim!  So much easier to add to a layout! 

I tucked a flower under the photo, leaving just the end peeking out over the journaling block. 

The leaves were cut with purple cardstock and my Sizzix leaf die.  The leaves were
folded a bit.

A closer look at the ribbon and trim.

More ribbons and trim and a closer look at the flowers.




Another submission at Colorful Creations for their For Girls Only Challenge (FGO:September).

I chose a sketch from Let's Scrap (1-1-11)
We had so much fun walking around the stores, trying things on and just being silly!
Just my sister, my nieces and I, having a great time. 

Supplies used: 
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
EK Success Corner Rounder
Sizzix Sidekick
Sizzlit Hawaiian Flower #1
Ribbons
Title: Sizzix Bounce Font
Sharpie Marker
Gems

I resurfaced my little Sidekick and brought out the Sizzlit letters and had some fun!
It's now on my shelf where I can see it.. and use it occasionally!  :)

These are the cutest little flowers!  I used various papers to cut and created a border
around the photos.  Gems were added in the centers and bows for the others.

A closer look at the flowers.  The edges were turned up ever so slightly so they
wouldn't be lying flat on the layout. 


Journaling reads:
All I have to do is take out my camera... and the fun begins!  My sister, nieces and I had a
blast laughing so much and being silly while walking around in the stores.  July/Aug 2010


This layout was a submission at Sketch Inspiration http://sketchinspiration.ning.com/
for their Sketch Challenge (#339).  I stumbled upon this site while blog hopping and
really loved their sketches... so I have it a whirl!

This is my darling daughter on her 28th Birthday.  

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Ribbon
Satin Cording
Sheer Ribbon
Circle: Traced & Hand Cut
Title Letters: Clear Stickers by Miss Elizabeth's
Folk Art Paint
Metal Frame (unknown brand)

I pondered what to do with the circle.  I knew one thing.. that I didn't want to leave it a
plain circle.  I tried various things and finally found this strip of ribbon in my stash.  Only
one small strip... so I needed to make sure of what I wanted to do.. and couldn't make
any mistakes.  No stress there! 
Since it was a wide ribbon with cute markings on it, I decided to cut small strips into
a banner and tucked the ends under the circle. 

Love how this turned out!  Looks so cute behind the photos of that cute
smiling face!!

I brushed some paint over the raised edges of the metal frame.  I cut a small oval out
of paper for the center and used satin cording to hide the edges and topped that off with a bow.

Clear sticker letters were used for my daughter's name. 

Sheer ribbon was used under the strip of paper to soften it up a bit.

The sketch has three separate photos and since I didn't have three photos small
enough, I simply cut one photo into three sections.

A closer look at the "sun!"  :)


My last layout was a submission at Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/
for their Sketch Challenge (WC57).

Our son, snow blowing after a snowstorm.  It was late in the evening, but he still wanted
to get out there and clean our driveway.
He shouldered a lot of responsibility while my hubby was deployed and he did an
excellent job!  I was very thankful that he was old enough to snow blow, unclog drains,
put caulking around the outside garage door... all those yucky little things that
I had taken for granted... because my hubby would just do all these things.
We had several brutal snowstorms that would have Andrew snow blowing most of
the day.  I would do some shoveling or scooping once in awhile.  ALL hard work, that's for sure!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Sheer Ribbon
Fonts: Cricut Stamped & Cricut Opposites Attract
Silver Wire Garland
Garland Snowflake: Hand Made
Paper Snowflake: Cut from patterned paper
Stampin' Up! Border Punch

The whole title reads: "Snowblowing lots of snow late in the evening."


 
For this garland snowflake, I cut garland in strips, overlapping them and adhering 
in the center.  I cut a snowflake from the patterned paper and added this over the center.
For the center I snipped off a small piece of garland and scrunched it into a circle.  Because
the garland had wire in it, it was easier to manipulate.

A side view of the snowflake. 

Since I used a small scrunched up piece of garland for the center of the larger snowflake, I 
decided to follow through and add some to the snowflakes on the paper too.
A strip of sheer ribbon was used along the right side of the layout, with a strip paper
that was punched along one edge.

Garland was used along the left side of the photo.


Thanks for taking a look at my Blog and hope you enjoyed my layouts!

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment