Tuesday, October 23, 2012

23 Months

Hi there,
An annoying day today.  Spent all day copying my CD's onto my thumb drive only to find out
at the end of the day there are NO photos on it (except for the few I added last night).
I guess I'm mentally challenged when it comes to electronics!  We just don't get along!

Anyhow, here are several layouts for today... all Colorful Creations
http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/ challenge submissions.

The first layout was a submission to their Blog Challenge (sepblog).
I used a sketch from Rochelle Spears Blog.

This cute photo is our grandson when he was younger.  He's 11 years old now!
On hot summer days he loved to play around in this little pool to cool him off.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White Cardstock
Circle Tag: Paper Pizazz
Decoupage
Shimmer Mist: Tattered Angels
Stars: Traced & Hand Cut
Ribbons
Dimensional Magic: Plaid Royal Coat
Self-adhesive Measuring Tape
Chipboard
Tissue Paper
Cheesecloth
String
Ink: A la mode Green
Sharpie Marker
Sun Die Cut
"Laugh" Clear Sticker

Since this was a submission last month, I'll try my best to remember how I created this.
I adhered the numbers to the center of a cardstock circle and brushed decoupage over it all,
added tissue paper and decoupaged again.  When it dried, I completed the hand writing.
Under the circle I distressed the sun by folding and scrunching it.  The measuring tape was
strategically placing it so the 23 showed, which I circled with a black marker.
Cheesecloth and ribbons are tucked under the sun.

This photo gives you a better look at the dimensional magic as well as 
how the letters are adhered only to the orange ribbon with the rest of the letters
"suspended."

A larger white star was tucked under the corner of the photo and a smaller one over the
corner.  Various strips of ribbon and paper strips were placed under the photo.  The
"laugh" clear sticker was placed over the ribbon and slightly over the photo.

A closer look at the star with the ends turned up slightly and the dimensional magic.


This layout was for a Guest Designer Sketch Challenge (gdtsept).
I flipped the sketch counter clockwise.

Each year a family of Swallows inhibits this bird house.  And each year, they
actually allow me to get as close as I can for photos.  They're so cute!  And I love that
they fly around catching the bugs!  Not so nice when we have both our garage doors
open and they fly in one bay and out the other, leaving their droppings all over the side of 
my car!  Ewwww!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Flowers
Flower Centers: Ribbon twisted into a circle
Font: Cricut Stamped
Sun: Hand Cut
Decorative Ribbon
Cricut

These thin flowers were from a Lei purchased at a discount store.  I layered a couple
of them and for the flower centers twisted ribbon onto a small piece of circle cardstock,
adhering as I went.  I started in the middle and worked my way out, making the circle
as small or as large as you desire.

 This flower center was a mishap.  I twisted the ribbon the "wrong way" and it started to
unravel... and I actually liked this look, so went with it.  And glad I did because it's so cute!  :)


A closer look at the sun.  Decorative trim hides the edge of the cardstock sun.  The
sun's rays were gently curled upwards to create some dimension.


This layout was a submission for the Twisted Blueprints Challenge (twistedsep).

I snapped this photo while we were riding through Omaha at night.  Love how this
turned out... seeing all the different colored lights and tall building.

Supplies used:
Paper: Debbie Mumm, Momenta
Ribbon
Buttons
Embroidery Floss: Making Memories
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut

Was looking for buttons to match my layout and found these really cute buttons in my stash.
They matched perfectly.  I threaded embroidery floss through the two end buttons.

Three strips of ribbon added a bit of interest to the layout.



Showing you the title and ribbon surrounding the photo.


This layout was a submission for the Inspired Challenge (tabsep1).
Sketch is from Ashley's Paper Doll blog.

Fun photos of my sister and I when we were on a family vacation in San Antonio, Texas a
couple of years ago.  We're always laughing... even when we're complaining about 
being dealt one bad hand after another!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Flowers
Small Glitter & Plain Flowers w/Gems: Forever in Time
Prima Flowers
String Pearls
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Ribbons
Netting
Sharpie Marker

These flowers are so cool!  They were originally bouquets which were ripped apart so
I could create MANY more flowers, mixing and matching as I choose.
I topped this trio of flowers with a bow.  Peeking out from under the flower is
a small loop of string pearls.

This netting came from the outside of a frozen turkey!  The turkey is wrapped in this
netting and made into a handle to carry it.  I simply cut it off, washed it and Voila!  It's
ready to craft with!  I stretched this out to what I wanted and used hot glue to adhere it
in place behind the page.

I used a ruler to get the angle I wanted for placing the title letters.
The flowers were layered, using the smaller ones with a brad already on them, for
the larger flower centers.  A small loop of pears is peeking out from one of the flowers.

A different angle on the flower grouping. 

This photo shows the netting a bit better.  The ribbon was adhered first, then the netting
and finally the flowers were placed randomly along the left of the page.


This layout was submitted for the Twisted Blueprints #12 Challenge (twistedsep).

Calming waters and beautiful scenery is what you see on the Allagash.
Our Boy Scout Troop decided they wanted to canoe the Allagash and what a
beautiful place to see Nature up close!  We had a blast and created so many
wonderful memories!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White Cardstock
Ribbons
EK Success Border Punch
Stampin' Up! Border Punch
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Sharpie Marker
Tag
Twine
Prima Flowers
Flowers
Buttons
Pop Dots

Paddling on the peaceful waters... the only thing you hear is the random burst of
chatter from the boys.  You're able to look around and enjoy the beautiful trees,
mountains and if you're lucky.. wildlife.
A Bald Eagle was spotted and we quietly paddled as close as we dared to take
this photo.  I took several more, then quietly paddled away without thoroughly
annoying this beautiful creature.  It isn't every day that you get to see them up close, so 
this was extra special.
The tag was stapled to the ribbon falling below the center of the photo.

 I started with the border, then a couple strips of paper with ribbon on one side to hide the
two different papers meeting and twine to cover this seam.  A button was added in
the center of this flower.


A punched border was placed under the larger block of paper with the title
below it. 

A strip of ribbon was added along the right side of the photos with a couple of
flowers layered and a button on top. 

Since the twine and ribbon were a bit "thick," I took advantage of that
and only adhered the photo to the highest portions only.


My final layout was another Designer Sketch Challenge (gdtsept).

This is my sister and I at Cabela's in Nebraska.  I asked the employee if he would
take a photo of us beside this huge bear.  Then he tells us, "You should hold hand with the
bear... just wrap your fingers in between his claws."  Yikes... really?  
So, I do it and it was a bit creepy!  And, it wasn't until I got home and took a closer look at the photos
that my sister didn't even "hold hands with the bear!"

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Various Ribbons
Sanding Block
Folk Art Paint (applied to edges of white block with a cotton ball)
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
EK Success Border Punch
Folder Tab: Paper Pizazz
Sharpie Marker

I used a border punch on one strip of paper.  The light blue cardstock strip was 
sanded before the title letters were added.

Decorative trim was used for the swirl.  I added a bow at the top of the swirl.
Various ribbons were added all along the white cardstock.

 The title was "weaved" in, following the swirl.  A tab was traced and cut and
the edges inked and journaling added.

 Here's a better shot of this part of the layout.  You can actually see the edge of the
cardstock where I dipped a cotton ball in paint, dabbed onto scrap to remove the excess paint
and lightly dabbed onto the edge of the cardstock.  Love the effect of this technique!

And that's my layouts for today.

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment