Wednesday, October 31, 2012

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! Here's my layout for today

Hello there,

Happy Halloween!  :)
The Trick-or-Treaters will be out full swing shortly. 

Today's post was submitted at Colorful Creations http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/
for their Guest Designer Sketch Challenge (gdtoct).

This is the sketch:


And here's my take on the sketch:
I had the top photo on my craft room wall and when I came across this bottom photo I knew
I had to create a layout about "the tricycle."

I kept the tricycle.  My hubby is always wondering WHY I want to keep all this stuff.
Well, this is the reason why.

This cute little tricycle was purchased for Andrew when he was just a little guy.  The photo was
taken in 1995 when he was 3 years old.

Ten years later, our grandson came along and the top photo shows him riding the tricycle in 
2005 when he was 3 years old also.

These photos are truly priceless and I love this layout!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Canvas Fabric
Tag Templates: Paper Pizazz
Circle Clips
Various Brads
Silver Circle Tags
Mini Clothespins
Chipboard
Sharpie Marker
Border Sticker: Creative Imaginations


 I used canvas fabric for one of the banners and for the tag by the photo.  I knew I wanted something other
than paper for the banners and this matched perfectly.  I "roughed up" the edges a bit.

 The tags were also cut from canvas.  I used the circle clips on the ends of the tags.

The circles were also cut from canvas with the ends shredded.  I used a silver circle tag, and
various brads to add onto the circle with a mini clothespin added also.

 Here's a closer look at one of the circles.

The chipboard was in various colors, so I peeled off the top layer and used the
chipboard title as is.  Love this look!

For this tag, I used a circle clip as well as a brad for the center.





Hope you have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment