Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Capture the Joy of one Happy Girl

Hi there,

So glad we didn't get much of hurricane Sandy.  Misty rain off and on and some wind earlier
in the day.  Unless tonight brings more rain....
I'll take the rain over the snow!!

Now on to my post for today.
This was a submission at Let's Scrap http://letsscrap.ning.com/
for their weekly sketch challenge.

Here's the sketch for this week (10-24-12)
provided to Let's Scrap by Becky Fleck (Pagemaps).  The deadline for submissions is
October 30, 2012. 
                                 
Here's the sketch for this week (10-24-12)
And here's my layout:
 I wanted this layout to be extra special because the photos are my faves!
It took me a LONG time to get it just the way I wanted... and I love it!  :)

These photos are of our daughter and grandson.  The larger photo on the right was taken
after her graduation from Basic Training.
The side view photo on the left was the photo I took just before we walked into the
Alamo in San Antonio, Texas.
The photo of Lynn with her son was taken while we were enjoying all the fun shops and
Cafes along the River Walk.  They wanted a photo taken in front of the falls.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Sheer Wire Ribbon
Sheer Silver Ribbon
Silver Metal Ovals (recycled belt)
Gems
Ribbon
Fiskars Border Punch
Large Heart: Traced & hand cut
Tiny Hearts: Negatives from border punch
Rectangle Stickers
Sharpie Marker
Creative Memories Decorative Cardstock (traced & cut)

I found these rectangle stickers in my stash.... and couldn't believe they actually matched
my layout exactly!!  I adhered them onto the silver cardstock and added a gem onto the
ends of each block.

On top of the ribbon I added an oval metal ring with a heart on top of that.

I added small strips of ribbon along the bottom left photo and two tiny hearts which
were the negatives from the border punch.  So cute!!

I folded a tan piece of ribbon and adhered silver ribbon on top.

I also used the tiny hearts on the bottom of the larger photo.

The wire ribbon was cut into a banner with a metal ring on top.

The scalloped border was traced from the Creative Memories decorative cardstock.  Rather
than use the cardstock, I just trace it onto the paper I choose.  Then I can reuse the
fancy cardstock shapes over and over again!  :)

Gems were added (one by one) all along the border.  The tiny hearts were added
randomly onto it.

A closer look at the metal oval rings.  I overlapped them and adhered them with hot glue,
to make sure they would say put!
These loops were actually from an OLD belt that I found while searching for something else.
I immediately got to work taking the links apart to use on a layout!

Another view of the scalloped border, gems, hearts, loops and ribbon.

Ribbon was folded and added along the top.

This is the right side of my layout.

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment