Monday, October 29, 2012

She's My Baby...

Hi there,
Well, the rains have begun and the wind is supposed to be picking up tonight.
Hurricane Sandy is hitting tonight and through the next couple of days.

I'm so proud of myself for finally completing the layouts for my two challenges coming up!
Yay!  Now I can work on a few other challenges on my list of things to do!  :)

Today's post is a layout that was submitted at Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/
for their She's My Baby Song Challenge (SLC14).
I chose a sketch from Rochelle Spears.

Here's my layout:
This is a sweet photo of me holding my little baby girl!  Each time I look at this photo
I can't help but smile, seeing her cute little chubby face and hands!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok, Other
White Tulle
Sheer Pink Ribbon
Sticker Word Blocks
Sharpie Marker
"Baby" trace and hand cut
Flower

 The word "Baby" was traced from a die cut onto white cardstock and hand cut.
Rather than cut the centers out, I traced the centers onto patterned paper, cut out and
attached onto the white cardstock.
I found these cute sticker blocks in some alphabet sheets, adhered them onto cardstock
and journaled onto them.

I cut a strip of tulle and tied it in three places with sheer pink ribbon.

Since there was so much greens, blues and yellows, I wanted to add a touch of pink
for a more girly look.  This large flower was tucked under the paper so only the petals
were showing.




Thanks for looking!
Everyone who's in the vicinity of hurricane Sandy, please stay safe.
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment