Sunday, October 28, 2012

Thankful For...

Hi there,
It's a beautiful day out today!  A bit cooler because of the winds soon to come as well as
the heavy rains.  But still a nice day!

Although I still haven't gotten much done in my craft room today either... I am starting to feel
the "crunch" to get layouts and write ups completed for my challenges!  I already have the
ideas... but I seriously need to work on my layouts!  Actually, one layout is complete and I'm working
on the other one.  It's just taking more time than normal to get them done!  Yikes!

For today I have three layouts that are all Colorful Creations http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/ submissions.

The first one was for the Give Thanks Crop.  Since I was participating, I chose to continue with the Fall Theme and title it... "Thankful For..." (fallthanks).  Simply create a layout using fall colors about what/who you are thankful for.

Here's my write up:

Hi!
What are you thankful for?  Husband, children, grandchildren, neighbors, animals, craft stores, your home... the list can be endless!
Using your idea of a "Fall Theme," and adding whatever embellishments or techniques you would like, tell us about what you are thankful for.  Maybe you don't want to use embellies or new techniques... and that's ok. 
Maybe you want to do a listing, or you just want to journal some things.  You don't even need to add photos if you don't want to!
Just have fun!

This is my layout.  The sketch design is my own.
I am thankful for LOTS of things.  I have wonderful friends and a great family.  It was easy to
choose the photos but it took me awhile to come up with the layout.  Eventually it all
came together.

The upper left photo is of our daughter and grandson.
The bottom left is of a dear friend and I.
The top right is of my sister and I.
The bottom right photo was taken while on a family vacation to visit my sister and her two
daughters (my 2 nieces, my sister, the Guinea pig, my hubby and our son).

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV, Other
Canvas Fabric
Flowers: Hand cut & edges shredded
Fabric (under photos)
Ribbons
Rick Rack
EK Success Border Punch
Sharpie Marker
Bows: Made out of threads from fabric
Flower Centers: Decorative ribbon cut into circles
Glitter Leaves
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract
Cricut

 When the fabric under the photos were shredded, some of the strings came off, which were
used for these two cute bows.  A border punch was used across the top of the layout as well
as ribbon.

 Rick rack was used along each side of the layout.
These glitter leaves are the cutest!  I layered several and added the canvas flower on top.  The edges of
the flower were shredded.  The negative punches were used for the top of the flower with a small
circle cut out of decorative ribbon for the center.


This photo give you a closer look at the fabric under my photos.
I used a border punch for the brown strips along the sides with a yellow strip of
ribbon across the top and rick rack along each outer edge.

Here's a closer look at my grouping.  Love how the flower turned out!







The next layout was for the C. C. Plus 1 Challenge (BCA2012) using
White + Pink + Use a breast cancer slogan.  I chose a C.C. sketch.

Here's my layout:
I knew exactly which photos to use when I saw this challenge!  These photos are of my
dear sister running in the Susan G. Komen, Race for the Cure.  She's the first one in both photos, with the
white t-shirt and cap.  So proud of her for participating in these runs!  Such a great cause too!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Flower
"Race for the Cure" Logo: Online
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract
Cricut
Pink and White Lace Fabric
Circle Punch
Large Circles: Traced & hand cut

For the double-colored letters, I printed them out twice, layered one on top of the other, figuring
out where I was going to place the letters and lightly penciled a line.  I cut them and then used
the pink on the white paper and white on pink paper.

Lace fabric was used to cover the white cardstock in the center.
The edge of the lace had a cute sculpted edge, which I trimmed around and cut a strip off
each color and layered them along the bottom of the page.

All I had to do was Google "Race for the Cure" and a finally found something with the
logo that I wanted!  I printed it out on cardstock and cut it out then adhered it onto my page.

A closer look at the layered sculpted lace edges.

I used a small piece of white lace to cover the cardstock center for a cute look.



The last layout was submitted for the C.C. Recipe Challenge (RachRECIPE04).
The "recipe" to use on your layout:
1. Halloween theme
2. The color orange
3. Minimum of 2 photos
4. Use the word Spooky/Creepy/Scary/Bizarre/Kooky
5. Create your own element
6. Tearing/ripping

I used a C.C. sketch.
Here are a few photos of me dressed up as a jailbird for Halloween.  Three of us
girls at the agency where I used to work usually dressed up every year... making our own
costumes.  Although this costume wasn't hand made, it still is fun to dig out and wear
every now and again for Halloween!

The photo on the left was taken at home, before I left for work.  The middle
photo was taken by someone at work.  I'm holding a banana as my "gun!"
The photo on the right is Julie (the bum), me, Tamara (the clown).

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Other
Paper Tearing
Sanding Block
Ribbon
Rick Rack
Pop Squares
Pumpkins: Hand Made (detailed below)
Fonts: Cricut Stamped & Cricut Opposites Attract
Cricut

I did all my paper tearing along the left side of the layout.  Orange ribbon was
added on the top layer.

I layered orange rick rack and ribbon along the black strip of cardstock.



 How I made my pumpkins:
I used two different materials for the pumpkins.  One was made using a roll of self-adhesive
aluminum and the other with thin metal sheets.
They were traced and hand cut.  I used the end of a pen that no longer worked to draw
the lines.  The pumpkins were then painted.  I used a Stampin' Up! pumpkin face stamp, once
the paint dried.  Finally, since the paint scraped so easily off the metal and aluminum, I sealed
them with Decoupage.

Hope you had a wonderful Sunday.
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment