Saturday, October 27, 2012

Wedding Day

Hi there,
I wanted to do some crafting today... but going to my niece's wedding was top priority!  
What a beautiful ceremony!  I took tons of photos... and hope there are some
good ones in there somewhere!  :)

I have a few layouts to share today... all submitted at Colorful Creations

The first layout was for their Quote of the Month (QUOTE:OCT) Challenge.  I used a
C.C. sketch.

This was the quote to use on your layout:

Today is good.
Today is fun.
Tomorrow is another one.
by Dr. Seuss

and... use fall/autumn colors on your layout.
This is a photo of our Boy Scout Troop on a camp out/hike.  

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Computer Font: Tipbrush Script 2
Ink: A la mode Brown
Gold Ribbon
Title Block: Traced a die cut and hand cut
Leaves

I've been stashing packages of leaves of different colors for quite awhile now, so it was nice
to actually get to use them!  I layered several leaves and topped them with a cute gold bow.

After printing the quote from my computer, I traced and hand cut the shape and inked
the edges.

A strip of gold ribbon was used on one of the strips of paper along the right and additional
leaves were added slightly under the photo grouping.


My next layout was for The 3 R's Challenge (3Rs).  Include these three things on your
layout: 

1.  Red patterned paper
2.  Red trim
3.  Red buttons

I chose a sketch from Stickers n Fun (July 2008) http://www.stickersnfun.com/sketches45.asp.


My nieces and I having fun at the park late in the evening!  Lots of laughs!!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Ribbon
Buttons
Flowers
Misc. Flower "parts"
Paper Lace Doily
Sheer Ribbon


I tucked the doily under the photo and added the flower.

I layered a couple flowers, turning one of them over so the petals turned upward, added the cute
flower "pieces."

I used various shaped red buttons and one slightly larger white button. 

A different view of the buttons, title and flowers.


My next layout was a submission for the Daily Double Challenge (DailyDouble3).
Include these things on your layout:

1. Alphabet stickers
2.  Buttons
3.  Cardstock  

The layout is my own creation.

These beautiful animals were photographed (by me) at the Omaha Zoo in Nebraska.
What an absolutely amazing zoo!!

Supplies used: 
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Flowers
Prima Flowers
Cheesecloth
Paper Lace Doily
Gems: Forever in Time
Self-adhesive Pearls: Studio 112
Leaves: Hand Cut from Mesh Ribbon
Decorative Trims
Netting
Diamond Stickles
Ribbons
Metal Tag: Basic Grey
Buttons
Adhesive Cardstock Letters: Memories Forever

Because this family trip was a "memorable" vacation, this tag fits perfectly! 

The bow was looped and the ends adhered in the center and another piece of ribbon
was used to wrap around the center.

These were definitely old letters that I revived!  They were a plain, boring white, so I covered
them with Stickles.  I decided to use the negative square letters for the first letters of each word.

Here's a closer look at the Stickles-covered letters.  Although it took awhile to
dry, I love how they turned out!


Journaling reads:
We spent the day at the Omaha Zoo and had so much fun checking out all there was to do and see.  We  saw some of the most amazing animals such as a Sloth, the cutest little penguins, zebra, hippos, monkeys and merecats.  I fell in love the the various lions and tigers.  They're beautiful creatures.  July/Aug 2010 

My flower grouping was added on the journaling block.  I used a variety of flowers,
gems, buttons, pearls, cheesecloth, doily and gold mesh leaves for my grouping.


Here's a really close look at the gold leaf, curled decorative trim, mesh, cheesecloth and doily, 
as well as the flower with pearl center.

Love these curly gems!  They are a bit annoying to pull off the plastic and attach to
the layout!  They stick everywhere!


My final layout was submitted for the Twisted Blueprints #9 Challenge (twistedaug).
The "twist" was to use the following on your layout:

1.  Metal
2. Paint
3. Polka dots

Sophmore year... growing up fast!  This is our son on the first day of school.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
EK Success Border Punch
Ribbons
Seam Binding Ribbon
"Back to School" Cloth Sticker: Colorbok
Twine
Chipboard
Folk Art Paint
Metal Moulding Strip: Making Memories
Decoupage

I used a border punch on one side of this block of paper and distressed the edges.  The ribbons were
cut with a slant and the edges distressed a bit with my fingers.
I adhered the cloth sticker onto a piece of patterned paper and cut around it.

I added Decoupage on all the letters.  I layered it on thick to create a sealant over the
letters.

Here's a closer look at the chipboard letters. 

On top of these two strips of ribbons, I added twine which was knotted at one end.

I found these moulding strips at a discount store.  I have several strips of these and can't
believe I haven't used them until now!  They're also self-adhesive, which is amazing!!

I snipped the end slanted.  

That's all for today!

Hope you're having a great weekend!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment