Sunday, October 7, 2012

Love is... Chew Bonz from Grammie!

Hi there!
Hope you're all having a great Sunday!  We went driving around our area to see all the
beautiful colored fall leaves!  That was amazing and of course I took piles of photos!  :)

Today, I'd like to share a layout that was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their
October Inspiration Club - Stitching http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/.
You can use whatever type of stitching you'd like, hand stitching, machine stitching, etc.

I chose a sketch from Scrapbooks, Etc. (April 2008) http://www.scrapbooksetc.com/.

This is my layout:

This is Max, our daughter's dog.  What a funny little dog with loads of character!
Since we used to watch him one weekend per month because Lynn was drilling, I was
determined to teach him to stay in our yard without a leash.  So, when he wasn't busy playing
with our dog, Zoe, I gave him a chew bonz to keep him occupied.  He loved these things
so much!  
Max did pretty good for awhile, but then at his mom's place, he had to be tied because of
living in the city with wild traffic close to her place.  Eventually, he began to "run" at our
place too, so now he has to be tied.  :(
Since we've never had to tie our dog, this is new for me.... a dog that bolts away
whenever he can!  Wow, can that little bugger run!  

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Twill: Forever in Time
Dog Bones: Hand Made
Embroidery Floss: Making Memories
Inks: A la mode Brown & A la mode Black
Foam Dog Paw Print (stitched paw pads and painted)
Fire Hydrant Die Cut
Folk Art Paints
Shimmer Mist: Tattered Angels
Marker
Mini Alphabet Stamps
Stitching Template: Bazzill Basics
Metal Tag
Small Dog Paw Embellie
Tag Template: Miss Elizabeth's
EK Success Border Punch
Smooch Spritz
Computer Font: Of Wildflowers and Wings
Paper Piercer


After printing the tag on white cardstock, the tag was traced and cut.  I lightly inked all over the tag to tone down the bright white and hopefully make it blend more with the layout.
I pierced the holes around the three sides and stitched around it.


I used the stitching template to pierce the holes before embroidering. 


A closer look at the embroidery.   


The fire hydrant that once was bright red!  Since the red didn't look good on my layout,
I painted it with gray paint and left some spots of the red showing.  I spritzed it, but since I
had to go over it again with paint, you can't see it.  I added the cute little paw embellie. 


I really wanted to use this foam paw print, but it was a bright blue color!  Ugh, what was I going to do with 
that?  I started off by stitching around the paw pads and later decided to paint it and see
what that looked like.  I really like how it turned out!  So cute! 


I made these several years ago and was so pleased to find them in my stash!  I hand cut the bones and
used a black marker to trace around it and then stamped random "dog" words.  The edges of the
bones were inked.


I punched the edges of this paper and added a small strip of twill, folded in half and 
peeking out from behind the photo.  I shredded the edges of the twill with my fingers.
I also "roughed up" the punched border with my fingers so it wouldn't just lie flat 
against the page. 


Love these cute little metal tags. 


Here's a better look at the foam stitched and painted dog paw print.


 Here's a closer look at my stitching.

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment