Saturday, October 6, 2012

"TODAY we can be silly" and TWO Other Layouts

Hi there,

It's rather warm out today, but the wind is blowing all the beautiful colored leaves off all the trees.
I better hop to it if I'm gonna get some fall foliage photos!

I have a few layouts from various challenge sites to share with you today.

The first one is from a challenge at Soul Scrappers  http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/.
The challenge was a WORD challenge (WC15)... and the word was "TODAY."  Simply use this word
somewhere on your layout.

I chose a sketch from Colorful Creations (Jan 2012) 



And here's my layout:

Can you tell from these photos how hard we were laughing?  Our eyes are all watery!
I still can't believe they didn't kick us out of this store in Nebraska.  We were acting so silly!
I bet they thought we had been drinking or something else... but seriously, we were just being
us.  Whenever we get together this is what happens!  :)

 Supplies used:
Paper: Marcella by K, DCWV
Satin Fabric
Netting
Decorative Trim
Gem Art: Forever in Time
Sharpie Marker
Ribbon
Circle: Traced and Hand Cut
Rub on Letters: American Crafts
Sanding Block


I cut a strip of netting to create a banner.  Another strip of fabric was cut, folded in half lengthwise
and then I overlapped edges and glued as I went, to create this rosette.
The center is a strip of decorative trim turned into a circle and overlapping towards the center.
I cut two circles out of satin fabric, shredding the edges with my fingers and overlapping them so each color would show on either side of the flower.


In between the two pieces of paper on my journaling block, I added  a piece of netting for
added interest. 


Love these rub ons!  The font is so pretty! 


A couple more photos giving you better details on m flower. 




 I thought these gem swirls would be so cute on a layout!  But boy are they a pain
to pull off the clear plastic they're on, and put them onto the page!  They stick everywhere!
Does anyone have a better way to adhere these there you want them, without 
sticking to everything and breaking apart?



This layout was a submission to The Color Room http://thecolorroom.ning.com/

Palette #128 {Family Room} Due before Sept 21
Here's a direct link to their Palette (CRC #128):

It sure is a "challenge" to locate papers with these exact as, or as close to these colors
as you can!
You can use the sketch in the upper right corner of the Palette, or you can use another sketch.

I chose to use the sketch they provided and this is what I came up with:

It was finally voted on to have a new school.  The old school building were so
dilapidated that it was very unhealthy for kids to continue going to school there.
The day everyone had been waiting for.... the ground breaking for our
new school!  The whole community attended this momentous event!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Ric Rac
Gesso
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Brads: Stampin' Up!
Flowers with Gems: Forever in Time
Sharpie Marker (for journaling)
Fiskars Border Punch


I finally located Gesso and couldn't wait to try it out!  For this section, I dipped
large bubble wrap in the Gesso and lightly dabbed it onto the cardstock.
Strips of paper were adhered with a border punched strip of paper, ric rac and flowers and brads. 


I smeared Gesso along the edges of the page also. 


A closer look at my fun with Gesso! 


 I decided to smear enough Gesso on the left side of the photos and use this as
my journaling block.


I love Gesso and the textures you can create with it!  :)



The final layout for today was a submission to Colorful Creations Twisted Blueprints #15
This is the sketch we had to work with.  The "twist" was to also include the following on your layout: 
1.  distressing
2.  something hard
3.  something soft



Here's my layout:
This was taken on New Year's Day.  Our Boy Scout Troop plans an ice fishing trip for the day each year 
on New Year's Day.  It's so fun!  
Some years were brutally cold with winds exceeding 40 mph.  Other years were
gorgeous, sunny winter days.
The boys always keep busy doing various activities while they wait for the flags on the
ice traps to pop up.  One popular game is Fox & Geese.  We play this out on the ice.  A large
circle is made and then "paths" are made towards the center of the circle.  The center is where the "fox"
is and all the "geese" are waiting to see who the fox will chase... and they RUN!  Whoever gets
tagged next is the fox and the game continues.  It sure is a fun way to "warm up" on cold days!

We always have to find dead trees and brush to keep the fire going.  And sometimes the boys
start climbing the huge trees that are growing up and over the lake.  Boy being boys, they
always find something to do!  :)

The three requirements on my layout were:
1.  Distressing:  Each of the photo edges were sanded as well as the small striped paper behind the two lower photos.
2.  Something hard:  The eyelet snaps.
3.  Something soft:  The magic mesh

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Momenta, Colorbok
Sanding Block
Folk Art Paint
Sharpie Marker
Eyelet Snaps: Paperbilities
Magic Mesh
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract
Cricut


Journaling reads:
Every year on New Year's Day the Boy Scouts spend the day ice fishing on Little Machias.  Hot chocolate and hot dogs roasted over the fire is the usual meal, with lots of snacks!  Games are played, such as Fox & Geese, while waiting for the flags to pop up!  Jan 1, 2008


You can see the magic mesh as well as a small portion of the strip of paper under the photos. 


Sanding the photo edges really give them a cool look... and it's fun too! 


These are the coolest items!  I got these at a discount store in NY many years ago and 
just now pulled them out from their hiding place to be used on this layout.
They literally snap apart!  You can snap the paper between them, but I chose to leave
them together and attach it onto my layout as is, to create depth.


 A closer look at the eyelet snap.  Love these!  Sure wish I could find more of these somewhere!


The title letters using my Cricut. 

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Thanks so much for becoming a follower of my Blog and I hope you enjoy my post today!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment