Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Graduation

Good morning!
Today WILL BE a better day!!

Lunch is in the crock pot.... I'm boiling my tomatoes so I can put those up and I've 
received the newest issue of Paper Crafts Magazine
http://www.papercraftsmag.com/index.html in the mail!  Woo Hoo!!

sketch challenge "with a twist" for the month of September.  The twist was 
to use letters and stars on your layout.

Here's the sketch:




Here's my take on the sketch:

Although I took literally hundreds of photos of our son's High School graduation, I chose
these two for my layout.
The photo on the left is of Andrew's best friend since Kindergarten and the other photo
is of Andrew with his grandmother.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Silver Dots Strip: Webster's Pages
Puffy Metallique Letters: Forever in Time
String
Stars: Traced & Hand Cut
Banner:  Diamonds cut from patterned paper 


I noticed the patterned paper that I chose had "diamonds" throughout and 
then I got the idea to cut them out, fold them over the string and create my banner!
So easy and fun too! 


I didn't like the look of the single stars, so I doubled the two larger ones which
looked so much better. 


These puffy letters are so cute!  They're self-adhesive which means no messy glue.
I used a ruler to make sure I had the letters straight! 


I received this metallic strips of "dots" as part of the prize for winning a 
challenge!  I absolutely love these!  And it couldn't have arrived at a better time for
this layout!  I just used a small strip and it makes such a bold effect. 


Here's another angle of the dots strip. 


Cool letters!  You can see the circle and the stars also. 


Here's a portion of the banner.  Love how the glitter pops up on paper pieces I've used. 


Here's the bottom portion of my layout.... where all the "action" is located!  :)

Have a super-wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment