Monday, October 8, 2012

Several Layouts to Share

Hi there!
It's Monday!  Hope your day is going well.  It's a holiday for a lot of people.
There's a definite "nip" in the air today.  
Our addition is coming along nicely.  We are so excited to see the progress every
time our carpenter begins working on it.

I have several layouts to share for today.  Grab a cup of coffee (if you drink it), sit
back and enjoy!  :)

Layout #1 was a submission at Let's Scrap http://letsscrap.ning.com/ for their Design Team Challenge #144.
The challenge was to use a photo of you plus a friend/s or family member/s + a quote, 
which equals You + 2.

This is the sketch I used from Let's Scrap (11-25-09):
11-25-09
I used the left side of the layout.

This is my layout:
I am PROUD to say that MY LAYOUT WON the prize for the month of September! :)

This photo brings back so many great memories of Scott and I ice skating.  I don't think
I've ever seen someone fall so many times in a matter of minutes!  No, I'm not talking
about myself... I'm talking about my dear husband!

Supplies used: 
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Ribbons
Folk Art Paint
Bubble Wrap
Flowers/Leaves
Flowers w/Gems: Forever in Time
Computer Font: Summertime


Journaling reads:
We decided we would give it a shot.  Neither of us had ice skating since we were kids.  I just wanted to skate without falling while Scott skated as fast as he could, would always catch his front "picks" and fall, sliding across the ice, over and over and over again!  His jacket was loaded with ice.  I, on the other hand, was content going at a slower pace and looking at all the other skaters around me... until someone ran into me from behind and down I went!  I tried to go a faster pace but I really didn't want to follow Scott's track record.  Nonetheless, we had a great time!  Jan 5, 2008 


One of the requirements was to use a quote.  I have many quotes that I love, but this is the
one that fit perfectly with my layout.


I layered several ribbons, traced an oval for the sub title, inked the edges and added a couple
of cute glitter flowers. 


Leaves were added under the flowers.  The cute little glitter flowers with gems are so
sweet!  I think I would use them on every layout!  They were a super find at a discount store. 


A closer look at my flower grouping. 


A small piece of bubble wrap was dipped in ink and lightly dabbed onto the cardstock.  Above
the trio of ribbons I added a bow.


Layout #2 was submitted at Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/ for their
sketch challenge (SC56).  

This is the sketch:
I rotated the sketch counter clockwise.

Here's my layout:
I love these photos of Andrew during his last year at Boy Scout Camp.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Ribbon
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Journaling Computer Font: KG Fall For You 


Journaling reads:
Our son's last year of Boy Scout Camp.  It was so touching that many leaders and instructors noticed how giving and so willing to help others our son is.  Because of this, he won "The Spirit of Scouting Award."  He was chosen our of over 300 boys!  Along with certificates and wooden plaques, he also won a free week at Camp.  Since he had turned 18, he was unable to use the free week the following year, so he graciously relinquished it to two younger new Scouts within our Troop, to split the camp costs between each of them, so they too could enjoy Camp.  These photos show Andrew trying out a homemade instrument made out of PVC pipe, which was made by the leader of another Troop sharing a campsite with our Troop.  While I realize it's time for him to move on with his life, camp is just not the same without Andrew there!  July 2010 


My title letters. 


A better look at the ribbon that goes along the bottom of the photos. 


I added two small strips of ribbon to the upper portion of my journaling block.



Layout #3 was submitted at Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/ for their
Negative Space Sketch Challenge (NSC15).  The deadline is October 15, 2012.

This is the sketch:



And here's my layout:

My niece took this photo of their pet Guinea Pig and I.  He was all fluffy and smelled
so good (because he just had his bath)!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Ribbons
Gems: Forever in Time
Flowers
Ric Rac
Lace
String Pearls
Sanding Block
Vellum Adhesive
Vellum Title


The edges of the paper strips were ripped.  I layered various strips of papers and
ribbons.  I layered several flowers before adding the gem. 


I found these cute little flowers in my stash and added gems to the centers. 


The paper surrounding  the photo was sanded.  The photo was cut into an oval with one of my templates.  Lace was added around the photo with a string of pearls on top of that.


I wondered if the vellum adhesive would really hold this in place.  Time will tell... 



Layout #4 was a submission to Big Picture Classes http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/
Big Idea Festival, Challenge #10.  The challenge was to create a layout about " You, right now."

These were free classes that I signed up for.  For 14 days, challenges were presented and 
projects completed... but only if you wanted to.  I think I entered 3 or 4 of the challenges.

I chose a sketch from Rochelle Spears http://rochellespears.blogspot.com/p/my-sketches.html.
Here's her sketch that I worked with:  



Here's my take on the sketch:

This photo was taken while in my craft room, surrounded by all my paper, flowers, ribbons, 
Rock music and of course, my laptop.  This is me, right now.

Supplies used: 
Paper: Momenta, Colorbok
Borders: Creative Memories Decorative Cardstock, traced and hand cut
Flowers: Forever in Time
Sheer Wire Ribbon
Gems: Forever in Time
Iron on Embroidery Butterfly: Time 4 Crafts
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Computer Font: MariasHandwriting


The large flower is so cool.  I purchased several packages of decorative cardstock at a
craft fair a couple of months ago.  Rather than use the cardstock itself, I use them as
templates.   


The petals of the large flower were curled up just a bit to create some dimension.
The colorful flowers along the bottom of my photo only needed gems in the centers. 


Just wanted to show you the cute butterfly with its wings lifted slightly off the page. 


 Journaling reads:
This is me, right now, sitting in my craft room, surrounded by ribbons, paper and other
crafty stuff with my laptop beside me and Rock music on.  A larger room could be my
"happily ever after."  But for now, this will do, and I'm ok with that!  Sept. 13, 2012

The embroidery butterfly is so cute.  I folded it in half, so the wings would stand up and only
adhered the center of the butterfly to my layout.


 Another photo of these cute flowers.  I used a light-colored marker
to journal the date.




 The very bottom of the sheer wire ribbon was curled at one end.  Ribbon was added
across the bottom of the journaling block with a bow on top.

I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at my layouts.
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment