Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Siblings

Hello there,
I have a few layouts for today's post.

Layout #1 was another one of my submissions to Big Picture Classes http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/,
Big Ideas Festival (Challenge #5).

For this layout I chose a sketch from Rochelle Spears 



Here's my layout:

A couple of photos of Andrew teasing Lynn when she stopped in on her way back from
her Drill weekend.  Andrew is forever teasing her... and then Lynn whines at me to make 
him stop!  After Lynn gets too annoyed and maybe when I've told Andrew to stop, he will give her a big hug!  Andrew is the "hugger" in our family!  Anyone that needs a hug, Andrew is there to
"make them feel better!"  :)

Supplies used: 
Paper: DCWV
Twine
Ric Rac: JoAnn Essentials
Martha Stewart Border Punch
EK Success Border Punch
Stampin' Up! Border Punch
Folder Tabs:  Paper Pizzazz
Sharpie Marker (for journaling)
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Sanding Block


I place the punched border just under the strip of paper and added ric rac on top of that. 


Another punch was used for my journaling block and the edges were sanded.  I also sanded the
tab and added a small strip of ric rac over that. 


I knotted one end of the twine and string and the other end was just tucked under the knot.




Because the twine was bulky, everything was lifted off the page, which was kinda cool,
so I left it that way. 


I used a circle template, placing it where I wanted on my page, and adhered the twine/string
just outside of the circle. 






Layout #2 was a submission to Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/
for their ABC Challenge (GDT3).

The challenge was to use:
"A" for Aged
"B" for Birds
"C" for Charms

FYI:  I am a proud Design Team Member, hosting the monthly Quote Challenge.  :)

I chose a sketch from http://www.stickersnfun.com/sketches38.asp (Dec 2007)

This is my layout:

Love this photo from my step-dad's farm in New York.  He had so many wonderful
fields!  Andrew and I would walk for hours through the fields, enjoying the beautiful trees
and the occasional stream.  We would have fun jumping on the huge bales of hay, trying to
get from one end to the other without falling off the bales.  I have some amazingly funny
photos of Andrew falling off some of the bales!  What a riot!  
Since my step-dad passed away and his property sold, I will never see this beautiful
area again.  So I am very grateful for the photos I do have, so I can look back
at the memories whenever I can!

Aged: All the sanded and antique looking papers
Birds: The small piece of paper inside the frame on the right
Charms: One charm on the lower left and another on the lower right

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Other  
Smooch Spritz
Sanding Block
Frame: Sticko
Charms
Lace
Ribbons
Raffia
Paper Ribbon
Folk Art Paint
Oval Tags & Misc. Paper Pieces (unknown brand)
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract
Cricut
Ink: ColorBox


I dug deep for these items for this layout.  I found lots of really cool things that somehow
disappeared... until I found them again!  :)

All the paper edges were sanded.  I used various pieces of papers to tuck under the photo.

 The tiny little charm says "Love" which is so appropriate for my photo!  I added a strip of
ribbon to the top.


You can see the distressed paper and the wonderful Cricut font.  :) 


The frame was a boring antique white, which needed some "work" so I painted the
raised edges and spritzed it. 


This shows all the layering, sanding, lace, Raffia and charm. 


I sanded some of the paper edges more roughly so they would tear.  Some ends of
papers were folded. 


The wide ribbon (light brown and white) was purchased at a garage sale.
I layered ribbon and lace with tags and pieces of paper on top of it all... tucked under
the photo. 


All the papers were spritzed for an aged look.  The large oval tag only needed a ribbon
through it.

A small circle mail stamp was added under the lace.  A strip of lace was added across the bottom 
and a few strands of Raffia showing from behind the photo. 


A larger view of my layout. 






Layout #3 was a submission at Colorful Creations http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/  (taboct).

Another FYI:  I am a proud Design Team Member, hosting the monthly Song Challenge.  :)

The challenge is to create a layout from the photo below.
Take whatever ideas and inspiration you'd like from the photo.





I chose a sketch from the Colorful Creations Sketch Gallery.

This is what I created:

I had the perfect photo for this challenge!  A photo of Andrew before school, all
dressed in black with his prize possession Pink tie.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Computer Font: Talking to the Moon
Ric Rac 
Fiskars Border Punch
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract
Cricut
Ribbon


Journaling reads:
 A Junior in High School, Andrew decided he liked pink and he wanted a few pink items.  We looked everywhere for pink soccer cleats but couldn't find any (they had some in the girls' section).  So, he decided he wanted a pink mouth guard to play soccer.  That was difficult to find too!  Next, we went to a clothing store and in the men's department was this sharp-looking pink dress shirt.  This is what he wanted.  Finally, he just HAD to have a pink tie and we found this satin one.  All dressed in black, the pink tie looked really sharp!  Pink is not just for girls anymore.  I was proud of my boy for making his own bold statement!  January 8, 2009


A punched border was added across the top of the black strip of cardstock.  Ric Rac was 
added below that. 


To emphasize the "pink" I printed them in PINK.  The title follows the photo block. 


At the corner of the journaling block, I added a little pink bow.  :)

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment