Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Halloween Cards

Hi there,
Wanted to get this post out today.  I made a couple of Halloween cards!

Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/ is having a 
World Card Making Day (WCMD) Challenge.  You can choose Christmas,
Halloween or Thanksgiving themes.  The deadline is October 12th!

Here are my cards:


2009/09/21/SC204_SCSketches_by_SCSketches.jpg

It's been awhile since I've made Halloween cards, so it was fun to dust off my SU stamps,
dig out my Halloween papers and create!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Ink: Vivid! Brown
Scarecrow Stamp: Stampin' Up! Happy Fall Y All
Watercolor Pencils
Sentiment: Hampton Art Stamps
Lace: Webster's Pages

I used watercolor pencils to add a little color to the stamped image.  
Lace was added across the center of the card and the sentiment stamped under the image and all
the edges were lightly inked.


2009/10/06/SC249_SCSketches_by_SCSketches.jpg

I tried this card, moving away from the traditional Halloween colors.  I love how it
turned out!  The colors are not bright and vibrant but soft, which tones down this Halloween card, 
but still making it fun.  All the edges were lightly inked.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Ribbon: Webster's Pages
Stamps: Heidi Grace Designs
Ink: Vivid! Brown

This ribbon is so sweet!  Love it!


Both sketches are from Splitcoast Stampers http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/.

Thanks for looking and hope you like my cards.
Libby  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love that little witch card, so cute! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my DCWV card. You're awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete