Friday, October 12, 2012

Going Pink to Promote Cancer Awareness

Hello there!
It's Friday!  :)
I had a hair appointment today and since my hairdresser was supporting Cancer by 
coloring a piece of hair PINK, I decided to give it a try too!
Here are a few photos:



I love it!  It only lasts 2-4 weeks, long enough to get me through October, so all is good!  :)


Now to share a few layouts with you today.

My first layout was a submission to Let's Scrap  http://letsscrap.ning.com/ for their
Book About Me (BAM) Challenge.  I chose a Let's Scrap sketch (3-8-10):

3-8-10

Here's my layout:
 Andrew and I at a Boy Scout Weekend Camporee.  We always had so much fun!
I sure do miss having him at all the Scouting events!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Ribbon
Arrow: Plaid Stencils - Hand Cut
Ink: Adirondack Hazelnut
Twine
Moss/Bark
Tag
Sharpie Marker (for journaling)
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut


Since this was an outdoor event, it seemed fitting to use actual bark from a tree.
The small scrunched up piece is the natural way it was found... I just cut a smaller piece.

Edges were sanded.  Ribbon was added just under the lower part of the photo.
The arrow highlights where to look!  Ha!

I also used actual moss and tree bark.  I just layered them into a grouping I liked and adhered
them in place.  I love how the moss has little bits and pieces of nature!

A closer look at the tree bark.

After my journaling was complete it was tucked behind one of the layers of paper.


Look closely!  The tag has a small strip of real bark in which the twine was tied through.
So cool!

Here is where I tucked my journaling.


The second layout was a submission to Big Picture Classes http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/
Big Idea Festival Challenge #7.

The challenge was to use a LARGE photo on your layout.  I chose a sketch from http://www.stickersnfun.com/sketches.asp.
Sorry, I didn't write down what sketch I used.  :(

Here's my layout:
This is a LARGE photo of all my lovely paper stacks!  Oh my.... I LOVE PAPER!!!!
I was so totally thrilled to be able to purchase them for 1/2 price!  What a deal!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White Cardstock
Ribbons
Self-adhesive Pearls
Flowers/Leaves
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Computer Font: Valia Truelight
Ink: A la mode Purple
Folder Tab: Paper Pizzazz

I used various pastel scrap papers for the title.  I printed the word, traced a tab, folded
it in half, inked the edges and tucked it under the paper.
"Fanatic"  Yup, that's me... a true paper fanatic!  :)

I love these flowers!  It was so fun layering them!  I added a couple of leaves for under the
larger flowers and a bow was added as the center.  The other flowers have pearls for the centers.

A closer look at my flower grouping.

I adhered a small strip of ribbon down the right side of the photo and added three
little bows.  I had just enough ribbon for these bows!  Phew!


My next layout was a submission to Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/
for their Song Challenge (SLC13).

I chose a sketch from Scrap-a-Little http://www.scrap-a-little.com/.
(Sketch #5) by Helen Croft


Here's my layout:
This is Sierra.... my beautiful niece... having fun dressing up.  Check out that
cool artwork by her eye!!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Paper Piercer
Embroidery Floss: Making Memories
Circle: Traced and Hand Cut
Flowers
Small Flowers w/Gems: Forever in Time
Square Gems: Glitterazzi
Clear Gems: Forever in Time
Ric Rac
Ribbon
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract
Cricut

 I hand embroidered a square around the page.  Various flowers were added with
gems in the centers as well as gems added randomly on the layout.

The ribbon was hand pleated with ric rac added on top and various flowers
and gems added.

These words fit in so well with my layout!  Love it!

A closer look at my embroidery.  I used a ruler to measure where I wanted to stitch and made a 
very faint line with a pencil... to make sure I stayed on track!  :)




The border was hand cut, following the border of flowers, which made the wave.

Glad you stopped by and hope you enjoyed!
Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment