Saturday, October 13, 2012

Several Layouts

Good morning!
I have to encourage everyone to do their part, whatever that may be, to promote Cancer
Awareness.  Not only for the month of October, but every chance you can.
My sister does the run for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.  I'm so proud of
her for doing this!
I plan on participating in the Walk for the Cure in our area in June.  Excited to participate in this
spectacular event!

I have a few layouts to share with you today.  Hope you enjoy them!

The first one is a submission to The Color Room http://thecolorroom.ning.com/
Palette Challenge (CRC#129).

Our grandson's Cub Scout Ceremony and year-end camp out.  What a fun time the
boys had!  Various games and competitions were played and spending the night
was their favorite part!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Felt Leaves: Sizzix Leaf Die
Big Shot
Twine (Knows and Square Knots)
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract
Cricut
White String (wrapped like actual rope)
Mesh
Cardboard
Sharpie Maker
Tags: Paper Pizzazz

I used a piece of cardboard and mesh tucked under the photo.  I wrapped the string
like actual rope is wrapped and added the felt leaves.

I cut three tags to tuck under the photos.  I tied the twine in knots to attach to the top and
added journaling.

The title block.  I used the brackets to highlight the title.  Rope was added and leaves.

These two photos give you a better look at the groupings.




This next layout is a special layout of my step-dad.  He was such a great person and 
loved my sister and I like we were his own children. 

This was another submission at The Color Room http://thecolorroom.ning.com/ for 
their palette challenge (CRC#131).

These photos are dear to my heart... and bring back such wonderful memories!

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders
Big Shot
Folk Art Paints/Cotton ball
Glitter Glue
Stampin' Up! Border Punch
Sanding Block
Sharpie Marker
Decorative Ribbon
Paper Tape Measure
Ribbon
Leaves: Sizzix Leaf Die
Time Card
Inks: Stampin' Up! Garden Green & A la mode Brown

Journaling reads:
My step dad was the most amazing person.  He was so loving and caring to my sister and I.  He never hesitated to come to our "rescue" when needed and would give so freely.  John's birthday was in April and in 2002 we planned a "surprise" trip to New York (8 hours away) to celebrate his Birthday.  We arrived there at exactly 12:01 a.m. and was he ever surprised and so happy!  We had balloons and cake and many great memories!  Apr/August 2002

I found an old time card that I thought fit in well with my layout and inked the edges.  I used a cotton ball to dab paint onto the cardstock and also dabbed some glitter glue onto the page.

Here are a couple photos of my inking and glitter glue spots.


I folded a piece of paper tape measure and inked the edges.  On top of that I added ribbon, which 
was threaded down the center and gathered before adding randomly on the paper.  The edges of
the leaves were sanded and folded before tucking under the ribbon.

Several pieces of layered papers were embossed with the raised parts lightly sanded.
I added two strips of decorative ribbon.  Edges of papers were sanded.


A cotton ball was dipped in ink and smeared it along the edges.


My final layout for today was a submission to Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/
for their Recipe Challenge (CUCC8).
The challenge was to use:
1.  Numbers
2.  Tags
3.  Mist
4.  Masking

Here's my layout:

We had so much fun at the Park, late at night in Nebraska!  This "beam" provided us with hours of
laughter!  Free to be silly... what a wonderful thing!  We all took turns posing for the camera.  Thanks
to my wonderful hubby for taking these photos!  :)
Since he wouldn't join us on the "beam" of fun, he was ok taking the photos!

I chose a sketch from Let's Scrap (3-24-10) 
3-24-10 

I really wanted this to be a "fabulous" layout... and instead, I feel like ripping the photos 
off this layout and creating something different... which really shows the fun we
had at the Park!
This is definitely not my favorite layout!  I'm posting it anyways, because it is a great
memory and I really love the photos!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Numbered Tags (unknown brand)
Hearts Masking
Title (Fun) Masking
Folk Art Paints/Sponge Brush
Shimmer Mist: Tattered Angels
Flowers
Ink: Studio g Blue
Decorative Ribbon
Computer Font: Beautiful Every Time
Staples
Gems: Forever in Time

The masking was fun to do.  Simple adhere it with something that is easily removed and
paint over it.  For this one I used the very end of the sponge brush and dabbed the brush over
it all.

This was a sheet of hearts which I peeled off and used the sticky part as the mask.
I had to brush the sticky part on my clothes, sweater, etc.... so it wouldn't be so sticky! 


Journaling reads:
Whenever we were bored, we went for walks, which was usually at night!  The girls would ride their bikes and we would walk.  One night, we ended up at a nearby Park.  We played on the slides, jungle gym and swings and finally ended up on the "beam" (which actually kept the wood chips in place in the play area).  As you can see in these photos, we sure had fun, laughing so hard and enjoying just being able to be silly!  Nebraska August, 2010

Love these cute little flowers!  All they needed was a gem for the center.

Thanks for taking a peek at my Blog!
I really appreciate it!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment