Monday, October 15, 2012

Check out my 3rd Quote Challenge at Soul Scrappers

Hi there,

I hosted my 3rd Quote Challenge (QC16) at Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/.
The challenge runs from Oct 15 - Nov 5, 2012.

In case you don't want to check it out at their site, here is my write up and layout.

This is my Quote:

"It's easy to stand with the crowd.  It takes courage to stand alone."
(Author Unknown)
I chose this Quote because standing along, for some people, is not always an easy thing to do.  As for myself, I vacillate between wanting to stand right in the middle of a crowd, not seen, not heard and blending in.  At other times, I want to stand out and be the real me (or is it?) and be noticed, be loud, quirky and silly.
How about you?  Is it easy for you to stand alone?  Or do you prefer to stand in the crowd?  Or both, like me?
In searching through my photos, I came across this funny one.  Thought it would lighten things up a bit!  My sister and I always have so much fun together.  We're free to be ourselves.  While shopping, we saw this stuffed bird, duck or whatever it is... and instantly we both stated, "Look!  That's me!"  Then we burst our laughing.  I just HAD to get a photo of this!  We seem to be; sometimes it feels like, the only two people on this earth that are so frazzled by everyday life.  We wonder why it pours continually and when are we going to catch that break.
So, after much debate, when neither one of us was winning this "frazzled bird" award, we both decided it was BOTH of us!  Then one day I uploaded this photo as my Facebook profile photo and my sister was quick to tell me, "Hey, that's my bird!"  And here we go again...  :)
Don't get me wrong, we are fortunate for what we have--and to be sisters who can relate.  It's just that life is always throwing us super-curved balls!  We are two strong people, stronger than we even know.  Phew!  I guess that's a good thing!
This may have a lot to do with the reason why I laugh so much.  Laughing releases all they whys.  It helps me to be strong and lightens up the atmosphere.  I have even been known to laugh in my sleep!  At least that's what my college friends, my hubby and my daughter have told me!  :)
Funny layouts should be uplifting and make us laugh, right?  Which brings me to my sample layout:  
I had fun with this quote and used bright, happy colors to match the photo.  I encourage you to have fun with this quote!
Along with challenging you to use this quote on your layout, you must use striped paper,
paper tearing and ric rac.
Let's see your layouts showing you, your family members, your friends or even your pet, basically anything relating to courage and/or standing alone or in a crowd.

And that's my write up!  Hope you enjoyed it!  :)

I chose a sketch from Scrapbooks, Etc. (Aug/Sept 2007) http://www.scrapbooksetc.com/.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
EK Success Corner Rounder
Ribbon
Flowers/Leaves
Sating Cording
Felt Ric Rac
Computer Font: Pea Tangee

It's hard to see my quote, but I really did use it on my layout!  :)

The leaves were from a bouquet of flowers I bought at a discount store.  I thought they
matched the layout perfectly.  I layered a trio of flowers and added a bow.

On top of the strip of orange cardstock, I added this cute ribbon.

Felt ric rac was added along the bottom of my page.

The flower is from a Lei I purchased at a Dollar Store.  They're so thin and cute too!
For the center I used satin cording, turning it in a circle onto a small piece of cardstock.
I left the flower and leaves all bent and crinkly, to add to the "frazzled" bird photo.  :)

I did some paper tearing along the right side of the photo.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you will return!
Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment