Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

Hi there,
It's been a rainy day today... perfect for scrapping!  I completed three layouts today!  Woo Hoo!!

Today I'm posting a layout submitted to Colorful Creations http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/
for their Twisted Blueprints #15 (twistedoct) Challenge.

The twist is to use something distressed, something hard and something soft.

This is the sketch I had to work with:


Here's my layout.  I rotated the sketch clockwise.
Two silly girls passing the time until our food arrives!  This my niece and I at a
restaurant.  Being impatient as I am, I gave the camera to my sister and asked her to take
some photos!  This made for some fun times indeed!  :)

Now for the twist:
Something distressed:  The tags
Something hard:  Gem Brads
Something soft:  Sheer fabric and lace rosettes


Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Paper Lace Doily
Tags: C-Thru Stencils
Sanding Block
Gem Brads
Shimmer Mist: Tattered Angels
Sheer Fabric
Lace Rosettes: Hand Made
Pop Dots
Birds: Hand cut from patterned paper


I thought this title fit perfectly with my layout!  Love it!  


The tags were sanded and the gem brads added.  I placed a pop dot under the bird and adhered
it on the tag.  A small piece of paper doily was also added. 


The tips of the banners were curled upward to give some dimension to the layout. 


These little lace rosettes were a little tricky to make, but I love how they turned out!
I cut thin strips of lace fabric and rolled it up tight to create the center then continued rolling, a little
more loosely, and turning down the lace as I went until I got the size I wanted.  I used
hot glue to adhere it together at the very bottom of the rosette.  That's it!


I cut a wide strip of sheer fabric and adhered it randomly, scrunching it occasionally until
I got the look I wanted.  Then the rosettes were added. 


A closer look at the sheer fabric, rosettes and cute little bird adhered with a pop dot. 


Because these photos were so "orange" from being taken in a dark restaurant, I tried to use different colors of papers and embellies in hopes of trying to "tone down" the orange.  Well, I don't
think I succeeded, but I still love how it turned out.
I tried to bring in some orange from the photos by using the orange gem brads...
to blend it all in.

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment