It's a beautiful sunny day... a bit chilly... but the SUN IS SHINING! :)
Today I have a layout to share which is my submission to Screen 2 Scrap http://screen2scrap.blogspot.com.au/.
The idea is to create a layout from the inspiration of this movie poster, "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn."
The extra criteria is:
1 pt. = Leaves
2 pts. = Tree(s)
3 pts. = A black and white photo(s)
This is the movie poster :
And here's what I created:
I've included all the criteria on my layout.
Leaves: Under the large flower
Tree: Look closely... it's located on the lower right of the photo
Black & white photo: A photo of me! :)
I love these papers... they're so dainty looking and they can easily be worked to
become so elegant also.
This photo is me, when I was little. Not sure what age as there was nothing written on the
back, which I thought was strange... since this is what my family usually does.
All dressed up in a cute dress and patent leather shoes. My hair looks darker in this
photo... when in actuality, I was a toe-head (hair so blond it looked white)!!
Paper: DCWV, Other
Tree: Cornish Heritage Farms-Spring Trees
Ink: A la mode Purple
Chenille Rick Rack
Clear Bubble Stone
I chose a sketch from: Stickers n Fun (May 2007) http://www.stickersnfun.com/sketches31.asp.
There are several photos of the flower groupings so you can get a closer look at the
string pearls, flowers, gems, cheesecloth, etc.
Since I really didn't want a "tree" on my layout, I "disguised" it a bit by covering it with cheesecloth
and adding flowers.
I stamped the tree on patterned paper with purple ink and hand cut the tree.
A small portion of the tree is under the photo and the top part of the tree is covered by
I like how it shows subtly.
Ribbon and rick rack were used across the lower portion of my page.
I attached a small safety pin to the rick rack.
String pearls were wound around the flowers and peeking out here and there.
The clear bubble stone is the center of the larger flower. I used clear plastic "thingies"
for the centers of all the other flowers. Gems were added randomly around the flowers.
I attached another small safety pin on the lower left corner of my photo.
You can see that some of the flowers are "raised" up. This is how they liked to be, so I worked
with it! :)
Love these clear gems for the flower centers.
This is my large flower. I decided to use this color flower for the bottom... as it
matched some of the patterned papers. Several flowers were layered and leaves
A closer look at a portion of this grouping.
Thanks for taking a look and hope you like it!
Have a wonderful day!