Thursday, October 18, 2012

Halloween Crayons

Hi there,
Posting late... once again.  Oh well.  That seems to be my pattern if I don't get a chance
to post first thing in the morning.

I have several layouts to share with you today. 

My first one is a recent submission to Colorful Creations http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/
for their Layers Upon Layers Challenge (octlayer).  Many things can be layered on a layout... lace, ribbons, paper, mists and/or paints.

4-22-09


This is what I created:
I was going through my photo albums and found these photos of four of us girls dressed
up as a box of crayons for Halloween at our office.  Oh my, we had so much fun!  No a lot
of work got done on this day, but there sure were a lot of laughs!!
It was challenging to come up with something for four girls!  Once this idea came to us, we
set to work buying the patterns, felt and face paint.
I'm not quite sure how I ended up being the yellow crayon.  Yellow is just not my color!  :)
Then, the girls got this brilliant idea to hold one of the crayons sideways and I agreed that would be
cool.  Then I was told that I was the "lightest" one (I think they were just being nice)!!!  Ok,
stiffen up like a board and let them carry me!  You're kidding, right?  Yup, easier said than done!
How I managed to keep my face (non-smiling) still baffles me!!
And our boss agreed to have a photo taken with the box of crayons.  He's such a great boss!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Stampin' Up! Border Punch
Fiskars Border Punch
EK Success Border Punches
Sheer Wire Ribbon
Decorative Trims
Aluminum Foil
Ribbons
Glitter Trim: Making Memories
Die Cuts (unknown source)
Sanding Block
Pop Squares
Sharpie Marker
Rub ons (unknown brand)
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut


These die cuts are the sweetest!  The edges were sanded and a cute negative
swirly leaves from the border punch was added along the right edge of the bottom pumpkin. 

 Rub ons were added around the journaling block.


The other cute pumpkin die cut! 

Love this cute black decorative trim along the bottom of my pages.  The cardstock strip was added
over the ribbon, only allowing the wire trim to show.  A little strip of the negative border
punch was added on each end of the layout. 

Here are the layers:
Green strip of paper which was punched and a green, glittery strip of trim was added on the center
of this.  A strip of black cardstock was added with an orange ribbon over that.
The silver is actually aluminum foil.  That's right.  This happened by accident, actually.
I was trying to sharpen my border punch by punching aluminum and suddenly realized
that this would make a super cool punched layer!!  I'm not so sure that it sharpened up my
punch, but the aluminum looks good on my layout!
Tucked under the aluminum is another strip of patterned paper and finally a strip of light orange cardstock
which was punched also. 

This shows a portion of my title letters and a closer look at my layers.


Along the bottom, I started with a yellow ribbon and adhered a strip of punched
paper over that.  Wire ribbon was added which has a strip of cardstock and decorative trim.
Finalizing the layering is another strip of punched paper.


My next layout is another submission at Colorful Creations 
for their Guest Designer Sketch Challenge (gdtoct).  This is the sketch:



And here's my layout:
Love these bright glittery papers from DCWV!  A rather simple layout but still cute.
This photo is of Andrew in front of a huge Christmas bear.  What a happy boy he was
when he found out he won the drawing!

Journaling reads:
Scott put Andrew's name into a drawing at our local Bank.  And, Andrew was so excited to win this HUGE, fluffy and cuddly Christmas Bear!  Dec 1997  5 y/o 

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Sharpie Marker
Ribbons
Cricut

Rather than use plain strip so of papers for the journaling, I decided to add a little fun
to the layout by adding several different strips of ribbons with the journaling strips
on top of them!  I really love how this turned out.  Hope you like it too!

A bow was added under the photo.


My final post is a card which was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Stampin' Up
A few of the guidelines is that you must use SU products on your card and use accessories... 
such as bling, ribbon, buttons, etc., as much or as little as you would like.
I chose a sketch from Splitcoast Stampers (SC166) http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/.

Here's my card:
Even though some of my products were not SU, I used as much as I could find!
The long flower stamps and most inks were SU as well as the sentiment and sheer ribbon.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Sentiment Stamp: SU Hugs & Wishes
Ribbon: SU Calypso Coral
Gems: Forever in Time
Inks: Colorbox Tangerine, SU Barely Banana, SU Mauve Mist & SU Garden Green
Flower Stamps: SU Easy Elegance


I hope you had a wonderful day today and thanks for checking out my Blog!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment