Friday, October 19, 2012

My Layout was Featured!!

Hello!
I have a quick post today.  So excited to share the layout I submitted to Colorful Creations http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/ was FEATURED!  This just makes me so happy!!  Yipeee!!  :)

So the challenge was Twisted Blueprints (twistedoct).  The "twist" is to include 
3 photos and hand written journaling on your layout.  



And here's what I created:
What a funny little boy!  Always out to make his mom laugh... and always succeeds!  :)
I love these photos of Andrew sitting at the table, eating breakfast before I take him to
the sitter and head to work.  I was always rushing around in the mornings like a chicken with
no head... and then he does this... out of the blue!  So totally cute!

Journaling reads:
What a happy child Andrew is!  He's such a character and is always doing funny things to make laugh.  Just sitting at the table, making faces while eating and then that cute smile... which never fails to melt my heart!  March 1995  3 y/o

Supplies used:
Paper: Debbie Mumm, Other
Stitching Template: Bazzill Basics
Embroidery Floss: Making Memories
Folk Art Paint
Gesso
Bricks Stencil
String
Circle Punch
Sanding Block
Metallic Rub ons
Shimmer Mist: Tattered Angels
Sharpie Marker
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Paper Piercer

I distressed along the edges of the page.  A stitching template and paper piercer was used to make the
holes along the right edge and then embroidered.   I tucked some string just under the photo.

While sanding along the edges of the page, it slipped off my desk a bit and I ended up sanding
a straight line further up on the page.  I like the way it looked, so I continued this 
on the three edges.
The edges of the circles were also sanded.

I knew I didn't want to use "white" Gesso on my page, so I mixed in some paint until I got the 
desired color.  I went digging around in my craft room... which always resurfaces some long
forgotten items... and I found a plastic stencil with several different patterns on it.  How cool is
that?  One of them was bricks... exactly what I was looking for!
I layered the Gesso over the stencil and moved it occasionally to make sure the area was covered.
When that dried (which took a day) I smeared some metallic on one finger and 
brushed it gently over the raised areas.

Another look at the paint on the right side of the photos and the embroidery.

 Tried to get a better shot of the raised paint and my title. 

The background page was misted and I was trying to get a shot of the shimmer.
But you can see the sanded circles pretty good!

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment