Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Friend...

Hi there,
Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday.

I've uploaded my next Quote Challenge at Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/.
Since I'm hosting this monthly challenge, I wanted to share my write-up with you.

Hello ladies!
I hope you'll join me for my next Quote Challenge, which is about friends/friendship.  Who is your friend?  Do you have only one friend or do you have several friends?  Does your friend live close by or far away?
This month's Quote is:
"A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself."  
-Jim Morrison
As I look back at this photo of myself with my very dear friend, I cannot help but smile.  She's always been there for me.  She listens as I gab away non-stop about a particular happening in my life at the moment, she believes me and encourages me... and also supports me.  She's also the best person to laugh with!  We think along the same lines and have the same views on many things.  We became fast friends when she started working at the same office as me, which was over 20 years ago!  She's such an easy-going person who enjoys life to it's fullest.  And even though I "retired" from the Agency several years ago, we are still friends (although my decision to get done work was really hard on her).  While some friends come and go or fade away, her friendship has been a constant.  She is what a true friendship is all about.
Everyone needs a friend in their life... someone to laugh with, cry with, be serious with, be silly with, and be there when you need them (and vise versa), and to just be you.
Wikipedia defines a "friend" in several ways:
1.  "A relationship between two people who hold mutual affection for each other."
2.  "The tendency to desire what is best for the other."
3.  "The ability to be oneself, express one's feelings and make mistakes without fear of judgment."
There are many other meanings, but I'm sure you get the point.
Here's is my sample layout.  This photo was taken after my son's High School graduation.  
And now I'd like to introduce you to my dear friend, Julie. 


Some general rules:
1.  Create a layout, one- or two-page
2.  You must include this Quote somewhere on your layout
3.  Upload your layout to the Gallery by December 3, 2012
4.  Tag your entry:  QC17.
I'm hoping this will give you the chance to create a layout about the friend(s) in your life.  Don't stress too much over this, just have fun!


Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Mini File Folder: Paper Pizazz
Sheer Silver Ribbon
Prima Flowers
Leaf
Bubble Stone
Gems: Forever in Time
Computer Font: Parisienne
Ink: A la mode Black
Sketch: Stickers n Fun (Dec 2007)


After printing the quote I traced the mini file folder and cut and inked it.  I used a little bling peeking out
from behind the flower.  One leaf is tucked under the flower.  
For the center I used a bubble stone.

I layered two smaller flowers over the large one and snipped off the overlapping part.
And I just had to add some bling!  :)

A closer look at this grouping. 

 Sheer silver ribbon was used across the top paper.

Have a wonderful day!
Thanks for stopping by!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment