Friday, November 9, 2012

Brrrr

Hi there,
I have a late post today.  I finally got motivated to work on some Christmas cards!  I gotta keep
going on them, while I'm in that mode!  I've been feeling awful about not being able to
create "decent" cards!  Everything I created was either "oh well" or just plain "blah!"
I was beginning to worry if my mojo was gone forever!!  I'll eventually get around to
posting some!

But, for today I have a layout to share that was submitted at Colorful Creations http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/ for their Twisted Blueprints challenge (twistedoct).

Here's the sketch I had to work with:


And this is my layout:
My favorite photo of Andrew.  It was a terribly cold New Year's Day ice fishing with our
Boy Scout Troop.  So cold that the moisture from Andrew's breath was freezing on
the fur on his hat!  Brrrr!  He was sitting by the fire, trying to warm up!  

Supplies used: 
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
EK Success Border Punch
Metal Letters & Snowflakes w/Brads
Diamond Stickles
Arrow: Plaid Stencils (cut from Ribbons and Paper)
Folk Art Paints/Toothbrush
Ribbons
Shimmer Mist: Tattered Angels
Glitter Ribbon

A closer look at my layering of cardstock and ribbons.  The shimmer mist can 
be seen too.  :)

I covered the metal brad snowflake with Stickles.  Paint was randomly brushed along
the edges of the photo block.

The arrows were cut with sheer white ribbon, blue ribbon and pp and were layered.

These snowflakes came out so cool being covered with Stickles!!  The final result
looked just like iced snow! 

 I used the same technique for my title letters.  The letters actually had a hole in
the tops to hang them.  I didn't want to "hang them" so I simply cut them off!

To achieve the paint speckles I dipped a toothbrush in paint and used my thumb to
brush along the bristles.  Pretty messy, but love the results.

A closer look at my paint speckles.  I also let some paint drop off the brush.

A better look at my arrow.

A large white ribbon was tucked under the photo.

Hope you have a wonderful Friday!
Thanks for stopping by!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment