Monday, December 31, 2012

Believe

Hi there!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

My layout for today was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Word Challenge (WC18).  The word to use on your layout is "Believe."

I chose a sketch from Becky Fleck/Page Maps (April 2012) and this is what I created:



These are my nieces.  My sister sent this photo to me of their dance recital.  They're such cuties!!

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok
Butterfly Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop
Alcohol Inks 
Flowers
Gems: Forever in Time
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract
Cricut
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Stars & Hearts
Foil Embossed Swirls: Forever in Time
Distressing
Elastic Sparkle Stretch Cord

First time I used the foil embossed swirls and they are so cool!
 
The circles were made with random objects to trace.  The heart was traced and cut, distressing the edges and adding a bow using sparkle stretch cord.
 
The heart was so "white" so using a paper towel with alcohol ink dripped on it, I swiped the edges of the heart and before the alcohol dried up, I lightly coated the whole heart.  A small flower with pearl gem was added in the center.
 

Under the title I hand wrote, "that you can."
 
The upper left of the page.

And here's the right side of my page.

Have a wonderful start to 2013!
Happy scrappin!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment