Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Happiness is... you

Hello,

I have another layout to share which was once again submitted at Scrap Much for their sketch challenge.
 I was excited to have a chance at the prize for December by completing at least 2 or all 4 challenges!
 
Here's the sketch:

This is how I interpreted the sketch:
 This is our son, Andrew, during various times in 1996.  Always smiling and enjoying life.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Ribbon
Distressing
Cardstock "So cool" Tag
Rub on: Provo Craft
Font "you": Cricut Opposites Attract
Cricut
Vellum sentiment "Happiness is...": JoAnn
Cardstock House Paper Piecing: Hand made
Pop Dots
Vellum Adhesive

 
The edges were distressed and a ribbon added.  The tag was adhered with pop dots.
 
I've had these vellum sayings kicking around for years, went through them and was surprised to actually find one that fit with my layout!  I left a larger space under the sentiment and added "you" below it.
I added more banners than the sketch showed.  I needed to fill in some extra space.


I made this paper piecing a long time ago and decided it would look good on my page.  Isn't it cute?
 
I decided on two banners rather than the one shown on the sketch.  I added a rub on to the top banner and a knotted ribbon on the other.
 
On the strip of ribbon I added these diamond shapes, cut from the patterned paper, adhering them with pop dots for some dimension.

Thanks for looking!
Hope you stop in again soon!
Libby  :)

3 comments:

  1. great layout, nice colours and patterns and such sweet photos! thanks so much for joining us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! I love the banner flags. Very creative! Thanks for playing along with ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Libby :) (I think I got it right this time ... lol) ... super adorable layout ... great embellishments and love those pennants! Thanks for joining in our ScrapMuch? challenge again!! So glad to have you playing along :)

    ReplyDelete