Monday, December 17, 2012

I didn't do it!

Hello again!
How's everyone doing with their Christmas shopping?  Got it all done, still have more to do?  
How many Christmas parties have you gone to so far?
It can all be so overwhelming!

So, to ease some of the stress, I have a super cute layout to share which was submitted at  
Scrappy Sketches for their Mid Week Sketch 50-12.  It was also submitted at Home and Scrapped.

Here's the sketch:


This is what I created:
This is Zoe, our veggie-lovin' dog!  I had a bag of corn husks sitting on our porch, which I was going to take to the compost later in the day.  After awhile, I looked out the window to check on Zoe and there she was, sitting there just as pretty in the middle of all the corn husks!  She pulled them all out of the bag looking for an ear of corn to eat!  What a funny dog!
She has even been "caught" pulling the ears of the corn off the plants in my garden.  She loves corn on the cob.  You don't even have to husk them for her.... she places the corn between her feet and pulls down on all the husks until she get to the corn!  It's rather hilarious to watch.  I have photos of her eating corn on the cob... but they are not very attractive photos of her with her mouth open and drooling!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: K&Co., Colorbok
Flowers
Swirls Gems: Forever in Time
Snow-Globe Glitter Gems: Forever in Time
Die Cuts
Ribbon
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Sharpie Marker
Stampin' Up! Border Punch
Prima Flowers
Chipboard Glitter Butterfly
Shape:  Creative Memories Decorative Cardstock, traced and hand cut
 
 The title is so appropriate for this photo!  It was either, "I didn't do it!" or "It wasn't me!"


Journaling block and scalloped border tucked under the photo.
 
I found a cardstock tab die cut, trimmed it a bit smaller, added flowers, gems and swirly bling!
 
I purchased these glitter chipboard shapes in a package for a great price.  How could I possibly pass that up!  I bent the wings upward a bit and adhered it only in the middle.
 
This is a straight on shot of my flower grouping.  Those snow-globe gems are the absolute cutest!  I found these at a bargain store in their craft department.  I added gems to the smaller flowers.
 
 Another photo, this time capturing all the swirly bling!!

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely take on the sketch Libby, love what you've done with it. Love the page - this is going to make your family smile for a long time to come, and that's what scrapping is all about :-)

    ReplyDelete