Thursday, December 13, 2012

More than just a Hobby

Hello,

This layout was submitted at The Color Rooms http://www.thecolorrooms.com/tcr-blog.html
for their Sketch/Palette Challenge #140.
I just had to check out the color palette for this week and was so taken by the colors that I just had to try this.  I loved the colors, even though I was a bit concerned about how the red and orange 
looked together... not a normal pairing that I would do!  But split up with the orange and lime green, it looked pretty sharp!

Here's the color palette and sketch:
Picture

I love this sketch!!
Picture


This is what I came up with.  It's a rather simple layout... and plain, but I still love the colors.
I thought of making the layout more interesting, but ended up with this, which is ok.  I like how
it turned out.
I love to cross-stitch and even though I don't do much of it these days, the walls in my house have
various themes and series hanging throughout.  I keep telling myself that I should pick this up again, but
then the reality of not seeing things as well as I used to, hinders me.  Oh, I have a good light
and my trusty readers... oh well.... someday.
Because this is such a "simple" layout I distressed all the paper edges for a little
definition and added a charm, stitching and a rub on.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Distressing
Ribbons
Rub on: Stampin' Up!
Embroidery Floss: Making Memories
Sharpie Marker
Title Die Cut: K&Co.
Pop Dots

I used pop dots under the title die cut.  Stitches were added to add to the cross-stitching
theme.
 
To the arrow I added a charm that says, "Made with love."
 
It looked like the sketch used some sort of tape on the page and I used ribbons.
 
Here's a better look at the distressed edges and stitching.
I also used pop dots under the top banner.
 
The circle looked so plan so I added a rub on.

Thanks for stopping by!
Libby  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment