Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Forge

Hi there,
Baby, it's cold outside!  Brrrr!
But the sun was shining in my craft room so that's where I hung out to stay warm!  :)

Here's a layout that was submitted at Sketch N Scrap http://sketchnscrap.blogspot.com/
for their sketch #22 Challenge.

This is the sketch:
Current Sketch 

And my layout:
For a long time, Andrew wanted to make his own forge.  I'm still not quite sure why he
wanted to build this.  But, he and his friend purchased what they would need and
proceeded to build their forge, which was built into the huge mountain of dirt left over
from smoothing the groundwork for our garage.  They spent hours on this.  Every once in 
awhile I would go check on their progress.  And finally the time came for them to
actually get the fires going hot enough to hopefully melt steel.  I'm not sure if they
actually accomplished this, but they sure had fun with this whole process.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Distressing
Bracket
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Ribbon
Fire Sticker: It Takes Two
 
The sticker was from a Boy Scout sticker sheet and was actually a fire with rocks and
wood.  Since I didn't really want the rocks and wood pieces, I adhered the sticker onto cardstock and
traced a circle so it wouldn't show those things and distressed the edges.
 
Ribbon was adhered on the bottom piece of cardstock.  The bracket was a random
die cut I had in my stash.  I just traced it onto the cardstock, but and distressed the edges.
 

Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you'll visit again!
Libby  :)
 

7 comments:

  1. This is a really cool layout! Love the story behind it, I think guys just love fire of any type myself! lol! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! We are hoping to visit Maine in the near future, we have heard it is beautiful and want to see your lovely state! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun layout! Great job on the sketch and love the story! Thanks so much for playing with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our men just need to play with manly things sometimes, with my hubby it's collecting and chopping wood for our fire, carefully stacking it and chopping kindling.But then I suppose we have scrapbooking as our 'THING' and I know which one I prefer!! Thanks for sharing your story and using our sketch, hope you had fun with it. Kerry - Sketch N Scrap DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the distressing on the paper. Always a good technique to add extra texture. thanks for playing at scrap-n-sketch

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be a man thing. I love how you documented it...great layout. Thank you for playing with us at SNS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great moment to capture on such an awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the circle photos. Great idea. Thanks for joining us over at S-N-S.

    ReplyDelete