Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My "Second" Dad

Hi there,

I have a special layout that was submitted at Let's Scrap http://letsscrap.ning.com/
for their Book About Me Challenge Group (BAM#15, 5-5-10).

The challenge was to scrap about your father, step-father, adopted father, grandfather
that had a parenting role for you, etc, using a LS sketch from their gallery.
I chose sketch 5-5-10, left side only.
5-5-10

This is what I created:
It wasn't hard to figure out that I would scrap a layout about my step-dad, since he was my
father for 20 years after my biological father passed away when I was 18.  The hardest part
was finding the "right" photo!!!
This photo is of John, who stepped right into the role of father with my sister and I, helping us whenever we needed, giving us support and most importantly, loving us.
He would drop everything to help us and that meant the world to me, since I seemed to
always have some sort of "crisis" in my life!!!
Whenever he was asked how many children he had, he ALWAYS said he had 5, including my sister and I
along with his own three children. 
He was the kind of dad that everyone should have and was very special to me.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Perfect Pearls Mists
Distressing Stain: Tim Holtz
Alcohol Inks: Adirondack
Recycled Cereal Boxes
Recycled Corrugated Cardboard Pizza Boxes
Sizzix Heart Dies
Sizzix Leaf Die
Big Shot
Twine

I peeled off the first layer of the corrugated cardboard, leaving "pieces" still attached.
All the die cuts were misted and to get the "color," I dripped alcohol ink onto a paper towel and
pressed it onto the cardboard pieces.

I've never really used this Sizzix "keys" die.  I've had it forever and it was good to "revive it!"  :)
I used distress stain to "color" the keys and then misted them.  A piece of twine was
knotted, holding the set of keys.

I used various items for the circles... basically anything I could find in my craft room, until
I got the different sizes I wanted to use.



Another view of the twine, hearts and leaves grouping. 

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment