Tuesday, December 4, 2012

So Comfortable

Hi there,

Today is another layout which was submitted at Boys Rule Scrapbook Kits Blog http://boysrulescrapbookkits.blogspot.com/
for their sketch challenge.
I've been checking out various challenge blogs and this one caught my eye, so I figured I'd
play along.

Here's the sketch I had to work with:


And this is what I created:
This is Dylan and Grampie on the lawn mower.  I looked forward to hubby mowing the
lawn when Dylan visited.  It was so cute to watch him sitting there with his grampie and then he
would fall into this "trance" state and start nodding his head... ready to fall asleep!  It must have
been a calming sound for him to relax that much!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Metal Washers (from hubby's stash)
Metal Tag Letters
Twine
Grass Cardstock Sticker: Paper House
Sharpie Marker

Once I got the title flowing the way I wanted, I adhered it in place.  The twine was knotted
on each end.  Washers were placed randomly around the title.

I've had these metal tags for so long... and, of course, I didn't have all the letters I needed
for the title.  There was nothing else I wanted to use... so I simply flipped the tag over and
used a black marker to "color" the letter.  I chose letters that were similar in shape to the
two "O" letters that I needed.  I chose the "G" and "Q."  If you look closely you can see some
different shapes on those two letters.  I just tried to make the letters as wide as I could with
the marker.  To make sure all the letters blended together, I used the sharpie marker
over all the letters.  Hey, it worked!  :)

After journaling, I unraveled a piece of twine a bit at a time, just the way I wanted it, adhering as I went.
I liked the "unraveled" look much better.

This "grass" cardstock sticker was actually from a soccer sheet in my stash.  

I separated the two words, knotting them on each end.  I liked the looks of it not attached
all together.

Thanks for stopping by!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment