Saturday, January 12, 2013

Dress Up

Hi there,
Very late post today.  I was busy catching up on some scrappy stuff.  Then I had to watch my football team... get whooped!  Such a bummer!  I knew it was going to be a stressful game when they remained tied well into the 3rd quarter.  Then my team's defense became non-existent.  It just wasn't their day.  Wrong game to have a bad day!!!   :(

Anyhow, I have a layout to share "just for fun!"  It's been forever since I posted something just because.  I love this layout and I hope you will too.

I chose a sketch from The Color Rooms.  Here's what I created:
My niece having some fun with costumes.  She's so cute, no matter what outfit she came up with!  I couldn't resist taking quite a few photos of her.

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract
Swirls: Traced & Hand Cut
Perfect Pearls Mists
Various Flowers
Seam Binding Rosettes: Hand Made
Flowers w/bow: Hand Made
Gems: Forever in Time, Glitterazzi
Stickers: Sticko
Ribbon


I misted the background paper.  I was so excited to find the perfect sub title for my page!
 

 Gems were added to the flower centers and also randomly around the flowers.

The matting under the photo was traced from a 12x12 page, which I made smaller to fit my photo.
 
The light blue flowers were from a lei purchased at a discount store.  I folded each flower several times then adhered the tips to a small cardstock circle and just kept gluing around until I got the dimension I wanted.  Then added a bow in the center.
I'm always looking for leis in the stores.  They're cheap and if you can find the colors you like, can make so many flowers!  Gotta love that.
 
The title of my page, using the Cricut Opposites Attract font.

 


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment