Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Hope for You

Hello,
Good Sunday morning to you all!  I hope your day will be a relaxing day.  The sun is shining in our part of the world... so that's a good thing.

I have a layout to share that was submitted at Home and Scrapped for their Surprise Challenge.  Here's the poster of words that may spark some ideas for your next project.  Using these words, get creative.

Pinned Image


This is what I created:
 
Our son on graduation day.  I still have a hard time to believe that I actually took this photo as he turned his head to look at someone, getting his tassel!  Love this photo.
I have quite a pile of photos that have this "orange" tinge to them resulting from the lights inside the building.  It's quite annoying to figure out which papers to use to "tone down" those colors, but I think I finally found the right papers.  I always thought adding some orange papers would help, but that just doesn't cut it.
Hope you like it!

The Recipe:
Paper: DCWV
Distressing
Circles & Hearts
Sharpie Marker
Star Gem
"Love" Brad
Ribbon
Misc. object
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract

 My title block.  After adding the letters the edges were distressed.  You can also get a glimpse of where I added the words from the above poster.

 
 The heart was matted and the circle distressed.  I found a plastic pull thingie in my stash to use for the brad and a knotted ribbon.  The star gem was also a cool find... that matched so well with my page.  Love it when it all comes together!  :)

More of my journaling.  Ribbon was added under the photo and the scallop border was traced from a template.
 


Thanks for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment