Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hosting my Quote Challenge at Soul Scrappers

Hello there,
I actually got to finish up a couple of projects in my craft room today.  What a good feeling.
 
I have a layout to share that was submitted at Soul Scrappers for the monthly Quote Challenge that I am hosting.

It's quite lengthy, but I wanted to share my write up with you.  You never know, you might get an urge to participate and that would make me so very happy!  :)

Hello ladies!
Now that everyone is winding down from the busy holiday season, I hope you'll be able to join me in this month's Quote Challenge.
I stumbled across not only one quote, but two great quotes and decided to include them both, for your convenience, and to hopefully include everyone.
The first quote is about children.  This could be your own, a friend's, neighbor's or your sibling's child:

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house."  
-African Proverb

My second quote is for all grandmother's out there:

"Grammy says I put the twinkle in her eyes." 
-Author Unknown

Here's my example layout.  I chose a sketch from Let's Scrap (2-22-12), left side:
These photos are of our grandson and I, taken on Christmas Day.  With impromptu photo shoots from none other than me, it was great to laugh and giggle at all the funny-faced photos.  Dylan even chose the photo that I was to send to his mom. Of course, it's the goofy one! 

My background is canvas (over cardstock).  I used gesso, alcohol inks, glitter paint, color mists and distress stain, crackle paint and dimensional fabric paint.  The quote was computer generated and embossed with clear embossing powder then I used a corner punch on the lower corner.  A rub on heart was added on the bottom photo and on the folder tab (Stampin' Up!).  The "Genuine" sticker is K&Co.  Love the hearts banner across the top.  Rub on stitches were used above the quote.

 The Recipe:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV
Computer Font: Annie
Alcohol Inks: Adirondack
Folk Art Glitter Paints
Canvas Fabric
Folder Tab: Paper Pizazz
Gesso
Rub ons: Stampin' Up!
Mister Huey's Color Mists
Dimensional Fabric Paint
Distress Stain: Tim Holtz
Perfect Pearls Mists
Hearts
Fiskars Corner Punch
Distressing
Sticker: K&Co.
Clear Embossing Powder
Crackle Paint
Dimensional Magic
Stitches Rub ons

I noticed after I printed the quote from my computer, the ink wasn't dry, so I dumped clear embossing powder on it and heated it up.  It made just a hint of shine to the letters, which was so cool.  I used a corner punch only on the left.  All paper edges were distressed.
 
I used dimensional magic to place "dots" on each scallop for the border.  The "Genuine" sticker was adhered to cardstock, trimmed and distressed.
You can also see a portion of my canvas work.
 
I used a heart rub on in the right corner of the photo.
 
Once I found the heart shape I wanted, they were traced and the edges distressed before assembling the banner.

 
Here's a view of most of the banner.  You can also see some the texture from the canvas and glitter.

 
Another close up of my canvas work. 
 

The folder tab was traced, cut and distressed and tucked under one of the layers.
 


Rub on stitches.  Unfortunately, I don't have the manufacturer name.... sorry!
 
 I actually got a "decent" shot of the canvas!  This project was so fun!!  

Here's the rest of my write up.  Just some additional information... in case you've decided to participate.  :)

Now it's your turn. 
Remember, this challenge is open to ALL crafters.  The choice is yours... you can create a layout, card, tag, digital, mini album or any altered project.

As always, here are a few simple guidelines:
1.  Use any theme that you would like.
2.  Create a project relating to a child or children.
3.  You must use AT LEAST ONE of the quotes somewhere on your project.
4.  Upload your project to the Gallery by  February 4, 2013.
5.  Tag your entry:  QC19.

If at least 8 people participate, a small prize will be awarded to one random winner. 
Here's a partial photo of the prize:


Well, that's it! 
Have I enticed you into joining my challenge?  How about a chance for the prize?
What about hopping over to the Soul Scrappers site to check it out?
It doesn't cost anything... and singing up is easy and FREE!

Have a wonderful day!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment