Monday, January 14, 2013

Hiking

Hi there,

My layout for today was submitted at ScapMuch? for their sketch challenge.  It looked like such a fun sketch so I decided to play along.  Here's the sketch:


This is what I created:
These photos are of Linda and I on one of the many hikes we went on to prepare for climbing the "monster" mountain - Katahdin.  I don't think I've ever hiked so much in several months!  We sure had lots of fun too!

 Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Distressing
Washi Tape: Hand Made
Bling: Recollections
Ribbon
EK Success Corner Rounder
Tag
Nestabilities Die (used for tracing)
Flowers
Seam Binding Rosette: Hand Made
Gems: Forever in Time
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract


 I used a strip of washi tape under the photos.  The edges of the background paper were distressed.
 
 The tag was covered with washi tape also.  I tied a bow at the top and added bling.

A closer look at my flower grouping with gem centers.
 
Here's a better look at my glittery washi tape .  I used double stick tape, tissue paper, glitter paint, inks and stamps.  
 
The background paper was sanded  a bit.  Swirly bling was tucked under the brown flower.  Under the flowers and title is a "frame" which was traced using my Nestabilities dies.  There are lots more choices in sizes by tracing them!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

3 comments:

  1. great layout, love the earth tones and wow what scenery in the photos! thanks for linking up with us at scrapmuc!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Love your colour choices and the ripping technique you used! Thanks for playing along with us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that glittery washi tape! Great flower cluster too ...I just love the bling accents :) Glad to have you playing along with our ScrapMuch? challenges!!

    ReplyDelete