Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Center Step Card

 Hi there!
Today was "in the kitchen" day!  I survived it... making home made bread and chicken soup.  Yum!
Then I escaped into my craft room, not only to escape the kitchen, but to do some much needed and rewarding scrapping! 

Today I have a center step card to share with you, which was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Cards With a Difference challenge.  The challenge is to make a card different from the usual ones you make, such as a 3D card, pop up card, gate fold card or side step or center step card.

I stepped outside my comfort zone, did some research beforehand and decided on the center step card.  It was so fun to make, once I got the template I liked!  So easy... and the hardest part is decorating it!

I decided on a Birthday theme and here's what I created:
The paper is Colorbok and DCWV.  The rub ons are Miss Elizabeth's and the beautiful swirls gems are Forever in Time.  Ribbon was added on each side and scrunched on the front with a flower and gem.  Two smaller flowers were added on each side of the sentiment.
 



The inside of my card.  I matted the sentiment oval block a couple times.  The sentiment is also a rub on by Miss Elizabeth's.

Have a wonderful day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment