Wednesday, January 9, 2013

This is Love

Hello there,
It's been a long day today.  And finally, we're home and able to really relax!  Ahhhhhhh!

I have a layout to share that was submitted at Colorful Creations for their For the Boys Challenge.
The challenge is to use photos with a boy or boys, use the color blue, a star, some bling and a minimum of 3 brads.

Here's what I created, using a sketch by Helen Croft (#30):
A favorite photo of mine.  Well, wait a minute, I have TONS of favorite photos!
Anyhow, this is the sweetest photo!  I love how little Dylan crawled up on the couch to lay his head across his grampie. 

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok
Fiskars Border Punch
Star: Traced & hand cut
Distressing
Bling: Forever in Time
Sharpie Marker
Ribbon: Pebbles Inc.
Brads
Ink: Color Box Blue Lagoon
Clear Embossing Powder
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract
Cricut



The square brads were a different color... that didn't match my page, so I inked them and dipped them in clear embossing powder.  I got the color I wanted!  :)
The heart brad was gold, but to give it a different color, I did the same technique.
 
The star looked so "blank" so I added my journaling to it and distressed the edges.
 
The bling was tucked under the star just a bit, to look as if it was "bursting" from the star.
 
A better view of the brads.

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment